5mm hooded vest - easiest way to don?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

giles45shop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got a 5mm hooded vest for my upcoming trip to CA and tried it on yesterday. My question is what's the easiest way to put it on and get it off? I probably looked pretty comical trying to get it on and off and I was thinking there's got to be a trick to this. Any suggestions from people who wear these on a regular basis?

Thanks,

John

On is easy for me , off , well you really need a buddy or to be double jointed. It is possible to remove yourself but its a pain and will get a little easier as it breaks in .

Yep,

Getting it off was definitely more difficult. I managed by myself, but for a while I felt like I was trapped in the dark with my arms flailing around fighting for my life :)

John

To put it on roll it up and , reach in and pull it down. Like a sweater.

To get out grab the front of an arm opening with the hand from the opposing side. Pull the vest away from your chest and pass your hand up though the opening chicken wing style. Then just slide the other arm out.

Pete

Thanks,

I'll give that a try!

spectrum:
To put it on roll it up and , reach in and pull it down. Like a sweater.

To get out grab the front of an arm opening with the hand from the opposing side. Pull the vest away from your chest and pass your hand up though the opening chicken wing style. The just slide the other arm out.

Pete

If that doesn't work, can you still drive home with just one hand?:D

unless God has been good to you and eliminated the need for that step:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom