Local instructor passes away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Gilpin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bud Worsham, a longime Northbay NAUI instructor, has suffered an apparent heart attack and died. Bud had a previous episode a couple of years ago and made dramatic improvements to his health and fitness but apparently it wasnt enough.

Bud had a special talent with problem students and worked his calming magic to get many skittish students thru their problems and on to certification. Over the years he certified or help certify hundreds of students as chief instructor at Pacific Reef Scuba in Vacavillle and more recently as a partner in All About Scuba in Fairfield.

Bud was my AOW instructor and I spent a week diving with him in Loreto Mexico a few years ago. He loved diving and helping other divers discover the sport. He will be missed. Thats allI know right now but if anybody is interested I will post times for memorial etc.

Sorry heard that news...
My condolences to the family

Rest in Peace Bud Worsham

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom