Point Arena / Guides?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n8Delta

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy,

We're staying in Manchester in January -- we're looking at some possible dive sites. Point Arena? We're both pretty green, and not totally comfortable picking a shore dive in Nor Cal coast and just going for it... looking at maybe getting a guide. Are there any dive shops out there perhaps? Any other advice would be cool.

Thanks,
Nate

the only dive shop up on the sonoma coast is the bodega bay dive shop. farther north is sub-surface progression ,in fort bragg. there is a hardware store in gualala (I think) that has limited gear and will fill tanks. as far aa a first time shore dive on the north coast,,,,,van dame state park beach? and with the stroms that have been going thru the north coast? i'd think about that one for a while... the north coast is no place to underestimate. ken

Welcome to the North Coast!

We have a club that dives once a month along the North Coast and you are more than welcome to come to one of our dives. There are no dues, no meetings, just diving. I am also a local instructor and can do a private tour if you so desire. Check out our bulliten board in my signature line.

Also if you have a date set of when you desire to dive, post it on North Coast Divers and here, to see if someone can show you some places to go. Andy can be pretty hard to convince him to dive. You might have to actually do something like say, "Hey the ocean is out there". :)

Peter_C:
Also if you have a date set of when you desire to dive, post it on North Coast Divers and here, to see if someone can show you some places to go. Andy can be pretty hard to convince him to dive. You might have to actually do something like say, "Hey the ocean is out there". :)

Diving??? Oh no not that again, well let me think about it.. OKAY!!!!!!

No Worries n8Delta! Just drop me a line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom