Back From The Land of Ricky Bobbies and The Biggest Lobster I have Ever Seen!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
South Carolina people really know how to party! We just came home from my sister's in Greenville where it was all about ATV's, acreage, hunting, NFL types running up big dinner tabs (nobody splits nuttin') and the biggest lobster. Oh, and they kept throwing what appeared to be cave man parties where the men would present the hostess with huge sides, shoulders and legs of large beasts they had killed. 7000 square foot house and they all party in the garage with the plasma screen and the football game. Steaming fresh oysters under a wet towel, roasting animals and swigging beers. And southern women? Wow. They look so tame for the first five minutes with the little bows on the shoes, and the hairdos. Those PTA moms are dancing on the tables after a couple drinks. AND! the best part? THE MEN DO THE COOKING! And go to Bible study once a week "to learn about being better spouses". I did warn baby sister that it could be code speak but evidently they have witnesses and are able to cite various books they are reading.
I am moving there.

Can't believe my little sister now drives a Ricky Bobby ride with flames on the hood.

IMG_0391.jpg

collage17-1.jpg

Men really do love engines, don't they?

That lobster is older than even you! ya didn't eat it did you?

The waiter said 130 years old, from Novia Scotia. (He whispered that it was Canadian, like we should pretend it was an AMERICAN lobster.

and it was still alive. A three hundred dollar lobster....

Yea, it was a blast, my sister and her husband are hilarious. They can talk some trash.
White eubonics, for sure. We laughed the whole trip.

It did make me confused about my political identity. Guess all things are relative. I haven't been in a red state....

AND they were smoking cigars in there while they looked over the dinner candidates! Decadence, pure hedonistic decadence.

We watched Ricky Bobby with Will Ferrill on the way home (non-stop from Atlanta) and I said "HEY! That's where we were!"
The entire plane was roaring during that movie. It was the edited version, my son informed me. My daughter ran into classmates on the flight so the flight turned into a party.

So...I hear Obama is hangin' here on the rock. Where is he staying?

Real rednecks know how to "dress" up there rides.
Welcome home btw.:D

Attachments

• pimped polaris.jpg
    pimped polaris.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 179
catherine96821:
The waiter said 130 years old, from Novia Scotia. (He whispered that it was Canadian, like we should pretend it was an AMERICAN lobster.

and it was still alive. A three hundred dollar lobster....

Yea, it was a blast, my sister and her husband are hilarious. They can talk some trash.
White eubonics, for sure. We laughed the whole trip.
Well, almost as old as you.:smileysto

Holy crap that's a big lobster! Must have taken a real man to dig it out from under its rock.

Glad you had a good trip and are back safe and sound!

Old Diver:
It looked like a great party! How JB must suffer surrounded by all those plain women.

Happy New Year!

happy new year, to you too!

yes, they look so innocent.

DSC_0064-1-1.jpg

But, you cannot leave them alone with your man for five seconds.

DSC_0066-1-1.jpg

And, they segregate. The women kept coming up to me and sayin' " let him go over there with the MEN....what? you afraid we are gonna take your man?"

No kidding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom