Wisdom computer, three-part question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pegger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good afternoon;

I'm hoping these questions can be answered by someone as I cannot find them in the manual. I have four dives on my new Wisdom, and the history screen shows that. However, when I go to the log screen I can only bring up info. on the last two dives. The manual clearly states that it stores all the info. up to fifty dives. Any ideas??

The last dive was with my daughter who also has a new Wisdom. Our dive time was the same, max depth was within two feet of each other (hers being 81 ft and mine at 79 ft) and we always stayed within feet of each other. She is very good on her air, and at about 1050 lbs she still had about 19 safe mins. left. Myself being at 690 lbs, I only had one safe min. left. Why the big difference in safe dive mins? I thought that it wasn't the quanity of air you breathed, but the depth and time you spent there. (Residual nitrogen in your lungs and all that stuff).

Also, is it okay to soak the computer detached from the high pressure hose??

Regards, and Happy New Year
Steve

It's been a while since I dove a Wisdom, but if I remember correctly, in order to scroll back over your dive history you need to depress the side button. The info should scroll back over your entire history.

The Wisdom calculates your safe time including air consumption. Your daughter had more air and a lower RMV so the computer calculated she could stay down for 19 minutes before her air was too low. Her NDL may have been longer, but her air consumption wasn't. That's why you only had one minute.

I wouldn't soak the computer without the hp hose. If you don't get all the water out of the attachment point then you'll end up blowing water into the computer. That wouldn't be a good thing.

Dive-aholic:
It's been a while since I dove a Wisdom, but if I remember correctly, in order to scroll back over your dive history you need to depress the side button. The info should scroll back over your entire history.

The Wisdom calculates your safe time including air consumption. Your daughter had more air and a lower RMV so the computer calculated she could stay down for 19 minutes before her air was too low. Her NDL may have been longer, but her air consumption wasn't. That's why you only had one minute.

I wouldn't soak the computer without the hp hose. If you don't get all the water out of the attachment point then you'll end up blowing water into the computer. That wouldn't be a good thing.

Sorry Dive aholic, your going to have to help me out with your acronyms, RMV & NDL.

Regards

Respiratory Minute Volume - basically how much of your air you're breathing every minute
No Decompression Limit - The length of time you can safely dive to a given depth without going into decompression

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom