Don't know what to choose in the Carribean, help me!!

What is the best dive spot?

• Guadeloupe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grenada

• Tobago

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Antigua

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rkunkels

New
Reaction score
Hello,

Me, my girlfriend and two friends will go diving in the carribean in march next year.
We have to choose between Antigua, Grenada, Tobago and Guadeloupe. 2 of us are divers and off course we would like to go to the best dive spot. We have never seen a manta or whale shark and are wondering which spot is the best for a chance.

Please let me know.
Thanx in advance for your posting.

King regards
Ruud

The only spot I have dove that is on your list is Antigua. The diving was marginal at best. Not a lot of reef life. A few nurse sharks and lobsters. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it a three. Good Luck. Tim

I concur with Tim. Antigua is a great island for a holiday but the diving is disappointing at best. I'd suggest Grenada or Tobago, erring on the side of the latter.

I've spent days, not hours, researching the same question. I needed a place where I could dive while my non-diving partner (in short, my wife) could have as much fun as I would. The problem is that the best destinations for diving (Bonaire, Roatan and even Cozumel) did not seem to offer the kind of fun that my non-diving partner (again, my wife) goes for. And the Caymans were way too expensive.

The other frustrating factor was that the best dive spots in the Carribean are also the cheappest ones ($700 for an all-inclusive week in Roatan, for instance. You can't beat that!). But considering the long term impact of a divorce on my personal finances, I looked for a compromise, where the diving would be good but not amazing, where accomodations would be comfortable, with great white sand beaches and a good night life and no mosquitos or noseums.

I settled on Aruba that seems to have all these qualities, as confirmed by the board, among others. We're booked for New Year's. I will prepare a report when I'm back.

Good luck!

Grenada might be your best bet, or Tabago. Tabago might have quite a bit of current, more than Grenada.

Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom