Genesis React Pro Eating Batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I got a Genesis React Pro in June of 2005, new online. I replaced the battery while on a live aboard trip in Sept. I then had to replace the battery again in Oct. because it blinked out & reset during a dive (no low battery warning before the dive, but did after the dive). It is now flashing low battery again. That's 3 batteries in 6 months. I only dive about everyother weekend & about 2-3 dive each time (and it's slowed down a bit in the cold now). Why is this computer going through batteries so fast. I've been replacing them with Duracell batteries of the proper size, with no luck. Am I just getting bad batteries? Or is there a problem with the computer.

That is not right. Contact your online source for replacement or repair.

Hello Tammy:
Yep, this has happened to me many, many times with my react pro. I sent it back to Sherwood twice and they ran it thru their dignostic test and they found nothing wrong with it. This computer would also turn off by itself at 50-60 feet ??? I would also go thru batteries and would eat them up. I tested the batteries an found them with a full charge, yet the computer would show a low battery ? What I found out that the internal battery contacts were bent away from the battery disc and would not make a good contact with the battery which turned off my computer (no power) at depth or show low battery flashing. I fixed the problem by bending one battery contact up towards the battery and the other contact down to the battery. That fix everything. During all this I needed to buy a new Sunno dive computer to dive with, now I use the React Pro as a back up dive computer.
Best regards Fred

Hello All,

I had battery problems too. My local dive shop said it was probably a bad reading due to a loose battery clamp. It causes a low battery indicator because it isn't receiving the full battery voltage. He adjusted the clamp to be tighter and I haven't had problems since. I hope this helps.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom