what wet suit to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haha49

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Right now i do all my diving in Vancover bc in 40-46 watter... everyone in the dive shop tells me i should get a dry suit but my uncle dives in a wetsuit and says its fine..

im looking for a good one at a good price as i already just bought all the dive gear

What i got already..
atomic zoom fins
Pro QD Plus BCD
Titan LX Supreme Regulator System
ABS Octopus
Apex Quantum Dive Computer in Pivot Console
Mask and snorkel
uk8 dive light
uk4 dive light
cheapo dive camera

after buying all this im kind of broke and still need a suit that is decent for the price as i might just upgraded to a a drysuit latter anyways the problem haveing is all the dive shops in my area dont have any cold watter wetsuits only tropical ones..

try scubastore.com

You may want to look at a semi dry. Take a look are the bare wetsuit and see if anything looks good. I am one of their dealers and would love to help you out.

Brent

Yes, Divetank has some great prices. I bought a D9 from Richard for less than I could find it anywhere else.

First of all folks are right. Below 50F you will be pushing it in a wetsuit. Many can do it. Most are only good for 1 moderate dive but it beats staying dry all winter.

1. 7mm Bare Arctic
2. Bare 7mm hooded step-in shorty
3. 5mm Bare gauntlet gloves
4. Bare (or other) Neo-socks to wear inside your booties.

I have been in that sort of water with the above and it was surprisingly OK, for me. At DiveTank or any other Bare discounter it's a surprisingly affordabe set-up.

Bring some very warm but not quite hot water with you to prime your suit just before getting in the water and give it your best shot. Have some extra to jump start your recovery after the dive. Get out of the suit and into dry clothes ASAP post dive.

Disclosure: When it hts 50F I go dry unless we are intentionally diving wet.

Pete

Drysuit without any shadow of a doubt. Wetsuit in that temperature is never going to be warm as a drysuit either in or out of the water.

A semi dry (ie a wetsuit) wont cost you much less than a drysuit. Going wet is a complete waste of money.

I'd suggest getting a 2 peice 7mm suit with a hooded vest at the least, If you can tolerate the cold you might not need the hooded vest, but keep a themos filled with warm water close and get out of your wetsuit asap when your out of the water.

Why be cold , dive dry.

Back
Top Bottom