Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soudan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Currently (Tasmania Australia), Previously (Alexan
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, i am thinking of buying the Pro Plus 2, but i wanted to ask you (The Oceanic Guys) a question.

How reliable is it, i do travel often and don't want to have my dive computer crap out on me and i will not be able to get it to y'all to get it fixed. so my question is, How many Pro Plus 2s that actually come back because of manufacturer problems (not the customers fault)??

Thank you.

Hi Soudan, I don't know how much advise I can give you. I'm a new diver with only thirty dives under my belt, but I have a Pro Plus 2 and I love it. A friend sold it to me second hand. It is a great computer that is easy to read and easy to operate. The only complaints that I hear people say about the Pro Plus 2 is that it is bulky. If you have any questions just PM me.

I have been diving a pro plus for the last few years. 100+ dives and the only thing I had to do is put a new battery in it. Sometimes it sits for months, and always works great every time. Great computer. Easy to understand, and easy to read underwater. Hopes this helps. Recently got a VT Pro to replace my pro plus.. Anxious to see how it works.

firemandiver:
I have been diving a pro plus for the last few years. 100+ dives and the only thing I had to do is put a new battery in it. Sometimes it sits for months, and always works great every time. Great computer. Easy to understand, and easy to read underwater. Hopes this helps. Recently got a VT Pro to replace my pro plus.. Anxious to see how it works.

thanks that helps allot, tell us how is the VT after you try it.

Love my PP2.. but make sure you pack a extra battery with you when you take a trip. If for some reason it's buttons get pressed while its packed you could arrive with a weak battery, or a dead one. One of those things you should carry in your save a dive kit anyway.

My Pro Plus 2 died after 25 dives, a buddy had two of them die. Replaced mine with a VT Pro, got about 100 dives on it with no problems.

Dove a Pro Plus for years with no problems.
My wife dives a Pro Plus 2. No problems at all.

the K

Mixed bag here.

I went through two PP2's. My third one is holding up fine after about 30 dives and the dealer did swap them out without a hassle.

My wife otoh is still on her first and hasn't had any problems with it at all.

the older pro plus we had some problems with but the new pro plus 2 no problems whatsoever :)
I've got two of them and been selling them for years now,love the BIG digits and the BIG QD.

BTW you always should pack a spare battery,what ever brand or buying date,
any battery can go dead on you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom