Bare Nexgen Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Hardhead

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a used Nexgen, and love it. I didn't get a manual with it though. Does anyone know where I could get a copy. I searched Bare and they don't have their manuals online.

Thanks in advance.

just out of curiosity, what do you need the manual for?

Maintenace recomendations. Questions like, store with zipper zipped or unzipped. Bees wax or parafin wax for the zippers, patching materials, etc.

HardHead: If I can find mine I'll have a look what it says about that.

A few things I know:
-Store with zipper open.
-I don't remember the wax recommendation, but get a decent zipper wax and you'll be fine (I dive with a large number of nexgen users around here, all different types of waxes are in use :) )
-Patching: back to the factory (that bilam stuff is hard to get anything to stick to).

Maybe that helps.

Bjorn

jeckyll:
HardHead: If I can find mine I'll have a look what it says about that.

A few things I know:
-Store with zipper open.
-I don't remember the wax recommendation, but get a decent zipper wax and you'll be fine (I dive with a large number of nexgen users around here, all different types of waxes are in use :) )
-Patching: back to the factory (that bilam stuff is hard to get anything to stick to).

Maybe that helps.

Bjorn

That is a great start and helps a lot.

and keep the sun exposure to the latex seals to a minimum. UV isn't good for latex.

I agree on sending it back for patching. Bare did a great job on mine when it went back and even fixed a bunch of pinholes I didn't know were there.

Would you send it back for a Pee-valve installation, or could that be diy?

Also, for the zipper, I bought a dry suit zipper applicator (non-silicone) and everyone who has helped me zip up has commented on how well my zipper works compared to the others.

Well, let's see . . . an on-line manual?

OK, here yar . . .

Ya put your left foot in,
Ya put you right foot in,
Ya put big butt in and ya shake it all about!
Ya do the Hokey-Pokey and ya turn yourself around,
that's what dry's about !!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Do the HOooooooookey-Pokey, Do the Hooooooooookey-Pokey !!!

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Forgive me my warped sense of humor today, PLEASE !!!!

the K

I have the suit, but not the manual right now (it got accidentally left behind at my parents' place), but as I recall they recommend waxing the zipper often (each dive if possible, or each dive day and before storage) - rub some on when the zipper is open, then open and close it a few times so that that the zipper heats up and the wax melts into it. They also recommend that some silicone grease be applied to the very end of the zipper closure, but not on the zipper itself. They recommend (drysuit) talc for the latex seals. I didn't trim mine by the way, but others may need to trim theirs.

If I recall correctly, they recommend the usual rinsing, etc. after dives, and that the suit be hung doubled over a thick piece of PVC pipe, zipper open, out of sunlight and extreme heat, cold or other exposures that could harm it. Also, it's probably not in the manual, but I've seen others recommend brushing the zipper teeth with a tooth brush every once in a while to clean it of wax buildup.

HardHead,

I have the Nex-Gen. I believe I have the manual at home (I´m at work right now). If I do and you want a photocopy, PM me with your address and I´ll send you a copy.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom