Dry Suit for a Smaller Woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
My gf is just starting to research getting a dry suit. She's 5'4" and about 110 lbs. She'd like a trilam suit, and would like to pay at most around $1500 if at all possible (willing to consider very lightly used suits as well). Any suggestions for what suits she should consider? Thanks.

Edit: Not just looking for general recommendations for dry suits, but specific info about suits known to fit smaller women!

Wanna buy a minimally used 2mm compressed neoprene suit that was custom made for a 5'4", 120 lb woman?

Your best bet will be a custom suit. I am petite as well, and I can't wear anything off the rack. Personally, I love my DUI's (I have 2). They will cost more than she is looking to spend, but they are great suits!

Rainer:
Edit: Not just looking for general recommendations for dry suits, but specific info about suits known to fit smaller women!

you're talking custom made, from any reputable manufacturer

go to a few shops that sell drysuits and have her try their smallest suits on, see how those work.

you'll probably have to buy custom, though

also, keep an eye out on Ebay and such for suits fitted for similarly-sized women (such as Lynne's above).

A DUI ladies small according to the size chart is ideal at 5'2". Of course there are a lot of measurements to consider beside height. If you'd care to come on up to danvers we can certainly find something she'll be happy with.

PM sent

Steve,

IMO - DUI "small" men's drysuit should have not been labeled a small. It should have been labelled a medium.

Stock (my measurement)
Height 66" (66")
Chest 35-37 (34.5)
Waist 33-35 (30)
Hips 32-34 (32)
Spine to Wrist 27-28 (27.5)
Floor to Croth 32-33 (28)
Shoe Size 8-9 (7)

According to my measurement - I should fit in this dry suit pretty well. IMO - the spine to wrist measurement should have been for someone who is 30-31". The height should have been for someone more in the 70" range. The chest should have been for a 37-39. My wife had a custom DUI and the fit is just great. If I had to do it all over - I would have ordered a custom fit even though on paper, it appears that I should be able to fit in a stock suit pretty well. Motto of the story - try on the stock suit before you purchase.

Minh

stevead:
A DUI ladies small according to the size chart is ideal at 5'2". Of course there are a lot of measurements to consider beside height. If you'd care to come on up to danvers we can certainly find something she'll be happy with.

PM sent

I'm 5'2", 110#, and my off-the-rack White's Catalyst fits perfectly. Women's extra small. It's not a cheap suit but it fits well. The Nexus probably has the same size availability and is less expensive.

hi I know of a small oceaner 7mil female neopreen brand new drysuit
that i can get you for about 800 dollars
let me know if you are intrested

Rainer:
My gf is just starting to research getting a dry suit. She's 5'4" and about 110 lbs. She'd like a trilam suit, and would like to pay at most around $1500 if at all possible (willing to consider very lightly used suits as well). Any suggestions for what suits she should consider? Thanks.

bottomrunner:
hi I know of a small oceaner 7mil female neopreen brand new drysuit
that i can get you for about 800 dollars
let me know if you are intrested

So far, many great suggestions, thank you all. I think she'd greatly prefer a trilam, but would consider a compressed neoprene suit. The full 7mm suit, however, is too much. Thanks, though. Please keep suggestions coming! She'll definitely be trying on stock suits, and if that doesn't fit, she'll head your suggestions about a custom suit.

Back
Top Bottom