Problem with dump valve - what should I do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a Turtoga vest. Originally bought in Mar '06. In Aug'06, you replaced it because the back plate cracked in half. The new vest's dump valve on the inflator hose requires a very strong pull to activate.

I realized this when I kept having problems dumping air on ascents. Yes, I can lift the inflator above my shoulder & dump that way but if I am swimming horizontal, its much easier to just tug on the hose & dump from the shoulder. Mine does not reliably dump air and I have had several run away ascents thinking that I was dumping air when I was not.

I had this checked out quickly by a Sherwood dealer who said it was not working correctly. Since I had bought it from another store, he said to take it back there. That store is 100 km away from me, so with two trips back and forth, I will have paid for a service at the local store.

In addition, i must let you know that my confidence in this vest is waining.

I live in Southern Ontario - west of Toronto.

Please advise me how I should proceed to get the problem resolved. PM me for contact info.

Andrew Richardson

Any Authorized Sherwood dealer can fix this ,you do not have to go back to the dealer whom you have bought it from, it sounds like it’s a warranty issue , Sherwood is distributed in Canada by Divesco , all he has to do is contact them and they will take care of the problem, I am sorry about this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom