Anyone interested in a weekday dive in monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is anyone interested in a weekday dive in montery within the next two weeks?
There's no surf and my gear is probally rusting, might need some wd40

I have a new backplate set up I want to check out sometime at the Breakwater. A Monday or Friday might be possible during January. Are you limited to the next 2 weeks?

NO surf? The water looked pretty rough today. I hear it is supposed to calm down by Sunday (haven't looked at reports yet). I am usually good for MOnday dives. I couldn't do it this Monday, but the following MOnday would work.

yangnome:
NO surf? The water looked pretty rough today. I hear it is supposed to calm down by Sunday (haven't looked at reports yet). I am usually good for MOnday dives. I couldn't do it this Monday, but the following MOnday would work.
The buoy was reporting 16 feet plus, out of the NW. There was surf. And more
this weekend. I'm going to prune my roses and mount slides.

.TODAY...N WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL
11 TO 13 FT AT 14 SECONDS.
.TONIGHT...N WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL
10 TO 12 FT AT 14 SECONDS.
.SUN...N WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL 12 TO
13 FT AT 14 SECONDS.
.SUN NIGHT...N WINDS 15 TO 25 KT DECREASING TO 10 TO 20 KT OVERNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 2 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL 10 TO 12 FT.
.MON...N WINDS 15 TO 25 KT...DECREASING TO 5 TO 15 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL 11 TO 13 FT.
.TUE...N WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 9 TO 11 FT.
.WED...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL 8 TO
10 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN.

Going on Monterey Express today, I'll let everybody know what the conditions are today when I get back.....that is, if I get back....

looked a lot better today. I saw you (or at least the Express) out in back of the aquarium.

Now THAT was not a good dive. I couldn't even see the front of my hand unless I hit myself in my face. Anything living? HA! Couldn't see me hand let alone see anything. Underwater currents? It was a matter of life and death and thank God he let me live to tell everybody here. But for payment for letting me live, I lost my fins. Yep, its gone, Davey Jones has it now. Now I have to go buy a replacement fin AND a replacement spring strap. PM or reply to me if you want to know more about what happened to me today.

P.S. No I didn't get to go into the chambers. If I do, that will be over my dead body, rather then paying bills for that.

1. We told you so. I stay home if there's a NW swell bigger than 8' Today was 11-13
NW. Let's call it 12. The energy in the swell goes up as (at least) the third power of
the height. That's 3.375 x more energy than my max. And it was a 14 second
interval, which reaches rather deep.

2. Those "currents" went back and forth, right? That's surge. Current goes steadily in
one direction, usually 180 degrees opposite to the way YOU want to go. ;-)

3. Join DAN. Get their insurance.

4. Where did you loose the fin? We'll keep an eye out for it.

Second the motion on DAN. Don't be afraid to call... I'll take a DCS hit and a chamber ride rather than be dead from drowning or permanently crippled from a hit.

Where did you lose that fin? Did you mark it?

Oh thanks for rubbing it in guys, real sweet of you :eyebrow:.

Yeah I have Dan insurance full coverage, all divers should have this insurances shouldn't they? However it doesn't prevent them from sending me a big fat medical bill. The good thing was I was in control and didn' press the panic button.

The fin is lost in Hopkin's Reef. I'm going to declare it a total lost for now, go buy another pair of fin, and reorder the straps and try again. I don't think I'll be diving with anybody tomorrow. Good luck if you do so, I'll bring a camcorder if anybody wants to fight the surf. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom