Your drysuit hose length preference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Please tell me the following:

1. What length drysuit hose do you use when running it from backgas? Argon bottle?
2. Would you prefer it to be longer or shorter?
3. What size are you approximately?
4. How do you route the hose?

Just trying to get an idea of what people use. I'm hoping to get a bunch or replies.

31", backgas; don't use argon
It's the right size
6' even, 190
under left arm

1. What length drysuit hose do you use when running it from backgas? Argon bottle?

They are downstairs in the cellar but I am going to guess about 18" long. 6CF "Airgon" bottle mounted on left side of BP
I never run it from BG.

2. Would you prefer it to be longer or shorter?

Neither. It fits.

3. What size are you approximately?

5'8" 170.

4. How do you route the hose?

Under the harness.

Thanks for the replies and please keep it coming.

I recently got a second drysuit for myself off ebay and another for my girlfriend, but they didn't come with hoses so I'm trying to get an idea of what people of different sizes use, and I also hope this thread will help out other people in the same situation since I've seen similar questions asked before.

Check out the hoses on TDL and Dive Rite Express.

under my left arm with a 30somthing, with a short hose and a swivel inflator, I have gone over my left shoulder and through the left d-ring , but the inflator has to swivel to point up

I use the standard hose that came with it and route it over my shoulder through the inflator/dump hose using back gas. Its actually a bit too long, but it hasn't bothered me enough to buy a new one.

I'm about 5'10" but the way I route it my height doesn't matter.

My suggestion is to figure out how you like to route it, then figuring out the length shouldn't be too hard. Everyone has a different way that they like to do it.

My preference for over the shoulder, because that its secured in place so when I am strapping my gear on I know exactly where it is. No worries about another hose and where is it.

One other comment on my use of the hose that it came with, Diving Concepts appears to use a slightly different quick connect on their suits. The positive side is that it has a nice easy to grasp release, even with gloves on.

okay, i bought a 28" hose because that's what bob3 from another board had in stock when i ordered some zipper care stuff. it should fit either my gf or me (or both).

however, please keep the feedback coming for future reference for others.

28" is about right length of DS hose from the back gas on the double set. I have used the stock DUI hose, but it was a little bit long, specially for my GF.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom