O'Neill Overdose... Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a 1mm O'Neill wetsuit a few months ago for a great price. Trouble is it's covered with logos! (8 plus 2 on the kneepads.) Has anyone ever painted over logos? Most of the logos are a metallic silver ink/paint that I'd like to go over with black. Especially the ones on the quads. (They're on a diagonal so they make my legs look fat. :wink:) Is there some type of paint that will *stretch* with the fabric? I reckon it'll chip off over time, but I'd like to find something that would last as long as the original ink/paint. Your suggestions/experiences are most appreciated! :)

Hrm, never heard anyone speak of that problem, but there are definently several waterproof paints that stretch well that people use to label their wetsuits.

Thx for the suggestions, guys! I'll definitely look into the stretchable waterproof paint. :)

I bought an O'Neill skin for our trip to Loretto this past Ocotber. It has the same O'Neill logos all over it. After about 5 dives, most of the logos had pretty well flaked off.

In thinking about it, if anyone who reads this works for O'Neill, your logos and paint techniques are NOT appreciated. All that crap came off IN THE WATER! Who knows what "ate" the flakes and what harm I/O'Neill did!

it'll fade away with dives!

Just a quick follow-up...

I tried an acrylic-based paint made here in Vancouver that the maker swore would adhere. Well, it didn't. :(

So today, I tried my Fiebing's shoe dye, and so far, so good! I washed the suit and the dye held so hopefully, it will do the same in the ocean. I reckon it'll fade or wear off over time, but until then, I'm good.

Thx again to those that responded! :)

Visibility is a good thing.

spectrum:
Visibility is a good thing.
Yes, yes it is. That's why I've got screamin' yellow fins. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom