Most memorable of 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
So, what is going to link your mind forever to 2006? Like the Tsunami of 2004, Hurricanes of 2004...etc

For me it will be 42 straight days of rain and a sewer main break that leaked 50 million gallons of untreated sewage into the Ala Wai

Then the usual celebrations and firsts...weddings, anniversaries and funerals ...first hawksbill turtle on the last dive of the year:D

Our friend Rob Secher getting killed. Sorry to be a downer, I think of it everyday, still.

Something others could relate to...maybe the earthquake. Cause the kids were here alone and we were at the funeral in Memphis. I told my daughter to stay out of the Pali tunnel, and to use the grill and the food in the freezer.

See! I already forgot about the Earthquake!....getting old sucks...That was a first for me too.

The loss of Rob will stick with you and JB for a long time :(

Well for me, it was my first year in hawaii. My first time spending all my usual holidays, birthdays, everything...in hawaii. So it was a year of firsts for me to remember. :)

getting a whopping 5 dives in for the year. having an emergency appendectomy (after Tripler sent me home with the stomach flu) and spending 8 days in the hospital during Brittney's "13th"bday (first year into teenager land and I am layed up) then having sinus surgery 4 months later. Yippee!!!! On a good note- we had friends from Maryland come visit and we didn't have to go to another luau- that was the best ever!!!!

2006:
  • Passing GUE Fundamentals.
  • Hovering with a Giant Black Seabass for over 20 minutes.
  • Doing 157 dives with Ultimate Primo dive buddy, Mo2vation.
    And a year filled with wonderous photographs of our adventures.
  • Moonwalking underwater for the first time.
  • Being 20 feet away from a pair of humpback whales at Anacapa Island.
  • Seeing a gray whale feeding just inside the LA Harbor, for over an hour, with Ted and Ross on the Orion III.
  • " 'Dette "... what took so long?
  • Cavern Certification in Cozumel, and diving Coz for the first time with great friends.
  • Saying goodbye to Julius and Jim.
  • Being in the first-ever California ReefCheck training class and then completing surveys.
  • IM.. finally... kicking and screaming. Thanks, guys! What fun!
  • Learning to dive doubles.
  • Origins "Skin Diver".
  • iPOD!! And a dive buddy who keeps adding great music to my life.
  • Diving Monterey with Josh ... and meeting and diving with Lynne... both for the very first time!
  • Le Reve.
  • A year filled with diving with friends, practicing great skills, and having fun in beautiful places. Seeing my dive buddies get better at diving. Boats, beaches, safari's, camp-outs, training dates, surveys, lobstering.... What a memorable year, indeed.
What a year!

~Claudette~

Turning 40. I hated every minute of it.

The hanging of Saddam is something I'm not likely to forget either.

R..

HBDiveGirl:
2006:
  • Being 20 feet away from a pair of humpback whales at Anacapa Island.
What a year!

~Claudette~

Wow! It's hard to think of something that could be better than that!

R..

Both my kids getting certified would probably be the topper for me.

(Although the Democrats taking both houses of Congress will certainly be memorable.)

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom