Diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdshort

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gosh, it's been over a week since anyone has posted to the Alaska forum? :(

Poog and I went diving today off the Fire Department's fireboat. The department is looking at starting some sort of dive rescue team, and we wanted to see how easy it would be to use the fireboat as a dive boat. It works really well, and I think I'm now spoiled by being able to get geared up inside where it's warm and dry! We did find that we'll need to rig the boat up with a ladder, otherwise it's a bit of a pain getting back onboard. We didn't do much of a dive, actually... just jumped off the back, spent some time under the boat cleaning it off, and then touring around the harbor for a bit. We found a roller that looked like it fell from a fishing boat... maybe we'll have to go back later and lift bag it back up!

Brian

bdshort:
Gosh, it's been over a week since anyone has posted to the Alaska forum? :(
We found a roller that looked like it fell from a fishing boat... maybe we'll have to go back later and lift bag it back up!

Brian

Let's do that! We could also traverse the whole dock once you get your scooter, who knows what other treasures we'll find?:eyebrow:

Poog:coffee:

I was wondering about the lack of activity on the board myself, especiall sense I got sick this weekend and ended up missing an awesome dive for my current dive class. Ohh well.
Big boats can be great and horrible to dive from make sure they get a good ladder system on that sucker.
P.S. Which one of you guys is the AGR in Ketchikan?

I heard the National Guard guy in Ketchikan is a diver, just wondering if he was one of the posters here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom