Is any one have more information ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ofleisher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
About the diver who died (on Sunday) at Ras Mamlach during a Tech dive ?

Missdirected:
There are like 3 maybe four threads on this. Here is one:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=173014

Unfortunately, these are separate incidents.

One is a bout a diver who died in Ras Mamlach cave. Alhtough there have been previous reports about deaths in Ras Mamlach a few months ago- it was about other divers who died there...

Second post is about divers missing near Marsa Alam. It is a few hundred kilometers south of Ras Mamlach...

Just a sad coincidence

Jai Bar:
Unfortunately, these are separate incidents.

One is a bout a diver who died in Ras Mamlach cave. Alhtough there have been previous reports about deaths in Ras Mamlach a few months ago- it was about other divers who died there...

Second post is about divers missing near Marsa Alam. It is a few hundred kilometers south of Ras Mamlach...

Just a sad coincidence

Really? Wow, that is a sad coincidence.

I had read that the last death had been a very long time ago - as deaths were very uncommon. So all of these at once caused me to believe they were the same incident.

Missdirected:
Really? Wow, that is a sad coincidence.

I had read that the last death had been a very long time ago - as deaths were very uncommon. So all of these at once caused me to believe they were the same incident.

Unfortunatley there have been too many deaths lately. There was a diver who died after diving to 185 near the Bells/Blue Hole (Dahab), another to 150m in Ras Um Sid, and yet another death at the Thomas Reff Canyon- body found 95m. All these just happened a couple of months ago.

And now the list is growing :shakehead

Another coincidence: most of these deaths have been Russian, well trained and *highly* experienced divers...

Jai Bar:
Another coincidence: most of these deaths have been Russian, well trained and *highly* experienced divers...

Now that is an extremely odd coincidence. Well maybe not. Do a lot of Russian tourists tend to go to Egypt?

ozymandias_kok:
Yep, it's one of their big packaged destinations.

Okay then that makes more sense to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom