The Britannic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Footage from GUE's exploration project to the Britannic will air on the Discovery Channel in the US on Wednesday, November 6th, 2002 at 10pm EST/PST.

This is more of a documentary about the Britannic itself but the diving that made the videos possible is what we are interested in.

Imagine scootering inside a wreck this size at 400fsw while taking video footage.

yeah, I saw that on Quest too. I can't wait to see some new footage. I'm getting tired of the old Jacques Cousteau VHS, and I think it may be tired of me!:D

mike

SPEEDSTER once bubbled...
yeah, I saw that on Quest too.
I'm not on quest but fortunately received it in on the 5thD list.

AquaTec already saw it up in BC a month or so ago and would let me know when it was airing and I would turn on satellite and get some animal show... very frustrating :D

I've already seen some of the original footage played back through Andrew's camcorder but man - I want to see it on Tee Vee! :D

you guys will really enjoy the show, it is well done with a lot of diving shots.

Anybody want to go dive it

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

I've already seen some of the original footage played back through Andrew's camcorder but man - I want to see it on Tee Vee! :D

PUG
ask Andrew what kind of profiles they where doing.
Bottom times and run times.

It is great that people are spending that kind of time at those depths now.

Wow, amazing!

Too bad I'm not going to be around... Do you know if it will air again at some point? I'm wrestling with my VCR right now to try to get it to work, but it's pretty old...

Matt

Awesome...can't wait to check it out.:)

Andrew G. came down and gave us a presentation on this a few months back. He showed us some of the video that was put on the cutting room floor and my jaw was on the floor with drool running out the whole time. If the show is 1/2 as good as the cut out footage it'll be an hour well spent. There are several showings over the next couple months. Here's the schedule from the GUE site.

World Premiere of "Inside the Britannic on The Discovery Channel

- Wednesday, November 6th, 2002 at 10pm EST/PST, repeat at 1am EST/PST on The Discovery Channel, in the United States.
- Saturday, December 28th, 2002 at 1pm EST/PST, The Discovery Channel
- Wednesday, February 12th, 2003 at 10pm EST/PST, repeat at 1am EST/PST,The Discovery Channel

Back
Top Bottom