Please help my buy my gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcombs44

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Feel free to give me a call. I will be very happy to make some equipment recommendations (along with my reasons for why). Our pricing is quite competitive, we will gladly put a custom package together for you. Plus we offer board members a 10% discount. Our products also have full manufacturer's warranties and we include free professional assembly with every system we sell.

Try www.divetank.com they have a cold water package put together you can play with for less than 1000.

I am putting some stuff together mentally for my son(s) who are not old enough to dive yet but are close and very eager. I think I'm on the way of looking at a BP/W set up as it gives the most adjustment/growing possibilities as there are no S, M, L etc

buy good gear, resale is better if you have to/want to and it will last the test of time. My regs are circa 1991 and still going strong, easy to get parts and service is cheap. Sherwood blizzards (not for all divers but good in cold water)

good luck

I'm pretty sure most of my dives will be tropical. I don't have much desire to dive in too many lakes/quarries here in the states. I'm mostly only interested in reef/marine life, so I'm sure that's where the bulk of my dives will be. Thanks for the input.

Are there alot of reefs in Ill? When is the next time you are going to dive? if you dont dive at least a couple times a year you might as well just rent equiptment when you get to where you are diving. reality is that you can buy the best equiptment that is out there but if you are not using it it still has to be maintained dont waste you money

my local dive shop rents every thing you need for a full days diving for around 45 bucks

It's nice enough gear for the price. Unless you've tried the BCD on, though, you can't know how it fits.

One downside: LP is not an authorized dealer, so you don't get a manufacturers warranty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom