Let's get some inter regional fun going between AZ and SoCal!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As some of you know, we have a couple of events in SoCal that are a whole lot of fun that we call the Wrinkles Beach Dive and the Mo2vation Boat Dive. Some of you have been to some of these and already know how much fun we have.

The Wrinkles Beach Dive happens on the 2nd Saturday of every month and the Mo2vation Boat dives usually happen on the 4th Saturday of the month for 10 months out of the year. We've even added a Post Wrinkes Boat Dive for 2 tanks on Sunday morning when we're diving in La Jolla and Catalina Island.

Since you are our neighbors and some of you regularly dive in SoCal, I wanted to personally extend an invitation on behalf of the SoCal group to all of you and let you know that you are welcome at these events. They are for everybody and not only for the people that live in SoCal.

Here are 2 threads that show you the entire schedule for 2007 with links to the individual planning threads with more details for each of these monthly events:

2007 Schedule for monthly Wrinkles Beach Dives

2007 Schedule for monthly Mo2vation Boat Dives

I hope that more of you will be able to join us in 2007!

Christian

Eek! Watch out... there's a lot of Kool-aid drinkers over there in that SoCal area...
(just joking, I've PMed with Christian and he seems pretty normal but it could all just be a front to suck us in and steal our money...)

Sounds fun!

Christian does a great job organizing these events for the Socal group and Scubaboard family. I've had the fortune of attending a few of these events and they are a blast. I highly recommend them if you can run out for the weekend.

Yes namabiru there are alot of Kool-aid drinkers there, just like here in AZ, but I've not met one of the "Internet" variety in either place. Great folks to dive with!! Christian's great, he actually took me on my 1st ever SoCal shore dive, when I was straight out of OW class at a Wrinkles event :D , he makes all visitors feel welcome as does everyone else.

I've suggested an outing to the March Mo2vation dive in this thread if interested:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=173252

-Garrett

namabiru:
Eek! Watch out... there's a lot of Kool-aid drinkers over there in that SoCal area...
(just joking, I've PMed with Christian and he seems pretty normal but it could all just be a front to suck us in and steal our money...)

Sounds fun!
But it's so tasty! :D

As Garrett mentioned, we mix well in SoCal. Everybody dives how they want to and the respect goes in all directions. It's all about having fun in a safe manner.

By the way, the January Wrinkles Dive is shaping up nicely for this weekend. It looks like we'll have around 25 - 30 people there.

Christian

Thanks, Christian. We'll head over that way soon...maybe in March.

shark.byte.usa:
Christian does a great job organizing these events for the Socal group and Scubaboard family. I've had the fortune of attending a few of these events and they are a blast. I highly recommend them if you can run out for the weekend.

Yes namabiru there are alot of Kool-aid drinkers there, just like here in AZ, but I've not met one of the "Internet" variety in either place. Great folks to dive with!! Christian's great, he actually took me on my 1st ever SoCal shore dive, when I was straight out of OW class at a Wrinkles event :D , he makes all visitors feel welcome as does everyone else.

I've suggested an outing to the March Mo2vation dive in this thread if interested:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=173252

-Garrett

Yeah, Christian's great! I've talked with him on PM. I was just poking fun, per my usual self. I've already told him I like Cherry the best, so I hoped that's what we could have.

Christian, why would we want these desert rats to join our fun? I guess the more the merrier. Just teasing y'all in Arizona... we'd enjoy having ya join us.

Anyone who thinks I drink the Kool Aid has another think coming... I'm the poster boy for non-DIR diving (and, so far, I'm still alive after 45 years of diving... why, they hadn't even invented PADI when I started)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom