Let's get some inter regional fun going between NorCal and SoCal!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As some of you know, we have a couple of events in SoCal that are a whole lot of fun that we call the Wrinkles Beach Dive and the Mo2vation Boat Dive. Some of you occasionally make it down south for some diving and it would be great to meet more of you.

The Wrinkles Beach Dive happens on the 2nd Saturday of every month and the Mo2vation Boat dives usually happen on the 4th Saturday of the month for 10 months out of the year. We've even added a Post Wrinkes Boat Dive for 2 tanks on Sunday morning when we're diving in La Jolla and Catalina Island.

I wanted to personally extend an invitation on behalf of the SoCal group to all of you up north and let you know that you are always welcome at these events. They are for everybody and not only for the people that live in SoCal.

Here are 2 threads that show you the entire schedule for 2007 with links to the individual planning threads with more details for each of these monthly events:

2007 Schedule for monthly Wrinkles Beach Dives

2007 Schedule for monthly Mo2vation Boat Dives

I hope that more of you will be able to join us in 2007!

Christian

I think it would be fun to meet somewhere in the middle, say Monterey or San Francisco. Although I have not made any dives with Wrinkles, I plan to this year.

Dave

My club has been talking about doing a Channel Islands boat dive in March. We could make that into a big Scubaboard event.

renpirate:
My club has been talking about doing a Channel Islands boat dive in March. We could make that into a big Scubaboard event.
Hi Andy,

That sounds like fun!

We actually already have a boat going out that month that you may be interested in joining us on. It's the Pacific Star out of Los Angeles and we're going to Catalina Island. It's a nice boat and we all had a great time on last years trips with them. If we get enough people on the boat the price is pretty tough to beat at $80 per person. There is more info on that in this planning thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=169091

Maybe that would be a nice way to work things. When you have boats going out some of us can join you up there and we have SoCal boats going out some of you can join us down here. If we put our dives on different weekends, we'd have more possibilities for everyone.

I'm just thinking out loud here, since I've been hearing positive comments from people around here about wanting to dive up north.

Christian

Hey Christian!!

I think you should move this thread to the regular part of the Norcal forum... not many check the trips part... also, maybe Andy can add it to the NCD, board??

SoCalAngel:
Hey Christian!!

I think you should move this thread to the regular part of the Norcal forum... not many check the trips part... also, maybe Andy can add it to the NCD, board??
Laurel,

I have to play the rules of ScubaBoard just like everyone else. The links that I posted to our SoCal diving schedules could be considered promotion, so I put this thread in this forum.

Christian

Ben_ca:
Okey..... So when are you guys coming up here?
That's what we want to try to figure out!

It would seem to make sense for some of us to come up there whenever you are having one of your events that don't coincide with one of our events. I'm just not quite sure when those are.

I'm looking forward to it! I love road trips!

Christian

headhunter:
That's what we want to try to figure out!

It would seem to make sense for some of us to come up there whenever you are having one of your events that don't coincide with one of our events. I'm just not quite sure when those are.

I'm looking forward to it! I love road trips!

Christian
Hey Christian,

Would your group ever consider going as far as the real North Coast, say Sonoma or Mendocino Counties?
I take it you've been to Monterey a multitude of times but have you ever been any further north?

Eric

Thanks for the invite Christian.I don't think I can make that one, but I would like to come down and dive with you guys. Sadly, it looks like the interest in our Channel Islands trip has fizzled a bit.

To add to What Eric was saying, what about a Mendocino campout when the weather warms up? We could treat ya'll to some abalone diving.

Back
Top Bottom