Weight of the New Atmos LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I really like the design and features of the new 2007 Atmos LX BCD, but I'm little concerned about the weight. Does it really weigh 9.1 pounds?

Thanks,
Makai

Makai,

Just went and checked out my sample LX BCD and I am going to say that it definetly feels like 9 lbs. This is a couple of pounds lighter than it's predecessor the Atmos XT.

Regards,
Darryl

Thanks for the prompt response, Darryl. I guess it wouldn't be the best choice for a travel BCD.

Regards,
Makai

Hi Makai,

If a travel BC is what you are looking for and weight is more of an issue, check out the AERIS Reef Rider. Only 6 lbs, extemely low profile, weight integration accommodates up to 14lbs. There also several other brands that make excellent travel BC's at about the same weight.

I do like the ATMOS LX a lot even with the extra few pounds. It has a unique hybrid rear inflation bladder that offers wrap around lobes on each side of your hip area. Allows for upright position on surface. Good luck and good diving.

Regards,
Darryl

I amusing the new women's model is also heavy. Too bad....

Back
Top Bottom