Diving in Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to Cabo San Lucas in May and I am diving with a company called "Manta Divers"...has anyone heard of these guys or dove with them before? They were recomended by my travel agent. What are some cool spots to dive in Cabo? THANKS!

We dived with Manta, last September. They are wonderful. You will have a great time with them.

Have a great trip!

I'll be out there in June and was planning on booking with Manta was will!! Let me know how they are ScubaRy!!

ScubaRy,
I have heard nothing but good things about Manta Divers in Cabo. I was planning to dive with them as well, but I ultimately went with Conquest Adventures and was glad I did. I dove with Conquest for three days over the holidays, and they were very professional, safe and had a huge dive boat! It is a 44' Pelican which provides plenty of room to get suited up before your dives. I saw Manta's boats, and they are pangas. They all seem to dive the same locations too, so might as well get there comfortably!
I have a full review about my dives with Conquest, but I haven't posted it yet because I am waiting for Roland (one of the owners) to finish updating their website. But if you have any questions about them, PM me or post them. You can find some info about them at their website, which is www.conquestadventures.com. If you end up using them, tell Jorge or Roland that Ryan from Scubaboard recommended them. I look forward to diving with them again this year, and hopefully get to dive Cabo Pulmo!

If you have the time, see if you can do one or two of the special dives like Cabo Pulmo. Manta offers day trips up there. The diving's better than right off of CSL.

ScubaRy:
I am going to Cabo San Lucas in May and I am diving with a company called "Manta Divers"...has anyone heard of these guys or dove with them before? They were recomended by my travel agent. What are some cool spots to dive in Cabo? THANKS!

The sea lion colony is my favourite dive, but sometimes the surge is strong. Land's End is another nice dive on the back side of Los Arcos, lots of puffers and eels. I don't really see the wonder in the Sand Falls dive, but some people think it's awesome. Most dive ops take you to Pelican Rock for your first dive with them just to see what your skills are like, it is a nice dive with lots of fish. The "across the bay" dive sites are more expensive to go to and IMHO are the same as the regular dive sites (same vis, same fish, same bottom composition).
Cabo Pulmo is worth the two hour drive on dirt roads there and back, the fish are huge and the vis is a bit better than CSL.
I usually dive with Amigos del Mar and I haven't bothered to try any of the other ops. The Amigos boats are huge catamarans with a head, oxygen, lots of room to spread out and a swim step to sit on and take your fins off. Most of the other dive op boats I have seen are pangas.
Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom