Aeris vs Oceanic computer calcs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When my husband and I were diving in Maui a couple of weeks ago, we had two dives where I went into deco with my Aeris AI while he was showing 3 minutes remaining on his Oceanic Pro Plus 2. When we got home, we downloaded the dives and compared the profiles.

What we consistently found was always a significant difference in air time remaining in our dives from start to finish. We were diving nearly identical profiles and can't seem to figure out what might have caused this consistent discrepancy.

I was always told that Aeris and Oceanic run the same software in their computers...is that not the case?

Anyone have any insight or ideas?

DiveMaven,

You are correct the Oceanic and AERIS units run the same algorithm and the Pro Plus 2 and AI operate virtually the same. I would say that it is unusual for the AI to go into deco while the Pro Plus 2 has time remaining. Unless the AI user went deeper and stayed deeper a few minutes longer, then one of those units it out of calibration. I would suggest taking them into your local LDS that has a pressure pot and have them both dove with a standard analog gauge to figure out which one is out of calibration. A second option would be to have them both sent into the respective customer services and have our technicians take a look at them.

Regards,
Darryl

Thanks. Now that I'm sure they're supposed to be doing the same thing, I'm going to print out the dive details of the dives that went into deco and the ones before to compare the profiles exactly. Somehow I won't be surprised if I find that my profile was just enough different to cause the deco, but I wanted to know that I was comparing apples to apples before I went to the trouble.

If I can't figure it out, I'll definitely seek help from my LDS or customer service at Oceanic/Aeris. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom