gluing pockets on a TLS350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhlee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to put a second pocket on my TLS350. I noticed that my one (factory) pocket is sewn on whereas my wife has a factory pocket that is glued onto her 50/50; presumably the difference has to do with the different suit material. Has anybody here successfully glued pockets onto the TLS350? I'm worried that it might be too slick for the glue to really bond to it.

thanks.

I don't have a DUI trilam suit, but I have tried twice to glue pockets onto my Mobby's trilam. The first time, I made some errors which I corrected after reading the Airspeed press drysuit book. The second time, I did everything "by the book", but the heavily used right pocket is peeling off badly.

Once I have my new suit, the old one is going in to Superior Dry Suit Repair to have the pockets SEWN on.

grumble. that's what I was afraid of...

I glued 2 pockets onto my TLS350 using contact cement. Worked fine. Only have very slight peeling at the corners.

Take your time and put a lot of layers of glue on .Then put a heavy weight on it for a day or 2.

Sew them on and waterproof the stiching from the inside. Just make sure it's where you want it the first time. A good sewing maching can handle the TLS350 with ease.

The taylor that does all our departments uniforms does our suits and it looks very nice. She has had to so some major holes and they do very nice.

Gary D.

If you can get it, try Bostik 2402 glue. Use Cotol to clean the outer surface and then using a small artist's brush or roller apply the glue. Let it dry a little bit adn then add another coat and then stick the pocket onto the suit. You need to make sure both the suit and pockets are glued.

Where can I get Bostik 2402 glue?

I need to glue Diverite pockets onto neoprene wet suit. Is this the best product?

As I'm in the UK I'm not sure where you can get it from definititively in the US but you could try http://www.indydrysuitrepair.com - They should be able to tell you where to get some.

For a wetsuit you could try McNett neoprene cement which would be a lot cheaper but I think you'll find the 2402 will give you better results in the long term.

Gary D.:
Sew them on and waterproof the stiching from the inside. Just make sure it's where you want it the first time. A good sewing maching can handle the TLS350 with ease.

The taylor that does all our departments uniforms does our suits and it looks very nice. She has had to so some major holes and they do very nice.

Gary D.

Yup!.. The pocket on TLS350 should be sewed, not glued. DUI technician highly suggested bring it back to the manufacture for installing a pocket if you can't find any decent shop that knows how to do.. There is free pressure checking (pin hole repairs) after being upgraded or modified.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom