XR-2 Wrist Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolfie2012

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, my XR-2 wrist strap got caught and tore the end of the strap. It's still long enough to fit over my 3mil comfortably, but on the 7mil it becomes a bit tight. I'm concerned it won't fit at all once my drysuit gets in.

Anybody have any idea for a strap extender? From looking at the way the strap is fitted, it doesn't seem replacement would be an easy task.

You might consider having the retailer where you purchased the strap take a look at it. Those wrist straps are generally pretty tough material and am a bit surprised that it tore. It may still be a warranty deal. If not, a replacement strap is not a huge expense suggested retail of $19.95. And replacing the strap is easier than it looks.

Regards,
Darryl

Darryl Bowerman:
You might consider having the retailer where you purchased the strap take a look at it. Those wrist straps are generally pretty tough material and am a bit surprised that it tore. It may still be a warranty deal. If not, a replacement strap is not a huge expense suggested retail of $19.95. And replacing the strap is easier than it looks.

Regards,
Darryl
Thanks for the quick reply! I thought it was odd too when it happened, but I just chalked it up to my clumsiness combined with raw strength :wink:

Bungee it and be done with it.

I was looking at the XR2 as a backup. Did you guys not make a retractor mount for it? I was hoping to just clip it on to my BC. Any ideas how to adapt one to do that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom