Buying from Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milosusa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi to everyone. I em in process to purchase my first diving gear. My plan is to buy
regulators locally to obtain yearly service, but BCD's a computers I was thinking purchasing online. Doing search I find prices from Leisure Pro be incredible low compare to others. Is there any catch in it or they just have less mark up ? THX
milos :confused:

Welcome to the board, do a search there are endless threads on Leisure Pro.

The bottom line is they are not authorized retailers for the equipment they sell and offer their own in-house warranty instead of the manufacturers.

Try Scubatoys.com they will match Leisure Pro prices and are authorized to sell all of the equipment they advertise. A less complicated route with manufacturers warranty.

-Garrett

yup agreed. I have heard poor reviews on leisurepro's warranty program also...

My personal experience has not been bad with leisurepro. I got the stuff I ordered (mask, fins, etc.) but that is it. However, with ScubaToys, they matched (or beat) prices, offered advice (suggesting a cheaper octopus. One way a place can gain my loyalty is to put the needs of the customer over maximum profit), and the real warrenties.
Bottom line, I will still order some things like dive knives or save-a-dive kits from LP, but anything of vital importance and/or great cost, I would go with ScubaToys.
Plus, don't forget the 10% scubaboard discount.

I've gotten a few small things from Leisurepro. Until the last time, I'd been happy with their service. The orders were filled quickly & I usually got the items in 3 days with regular shipping. The last time I ordered from them my CC# got into the wrong person's hands & fraudulent charges were made. I don't know if it was the # was intercepted from my computer, their security was breached or a bad employee or what. I called them to notify them & was treated with a "whatever" attitude. Thank goodness my CC company was on their toes & caught it quickly, so no real damage done, just some worry & headache. If you do order from them, watch your statements to save yourself a headache.

I have had exceptional service from LP. I have ordered regulators, knives, lights, backplates, etc from LP over the course of several years. Never had a problem. Service has been prompt and the prices are very reasonable vs LDS prices which I find totally unreasonable. In addition, the selection of in stock equipment makes the LDS look like a garage sale.

In short, I would not be hesitant to buy any scuba gear online.

All the above comments also apply to SCUBA Toys which I also have had good experiances with.

Just my 2 psi.

John

A slight correction with regard to L/P's warranty position.
L/P is an authorized distributor for some of the products it sells, but not for all of the products it sells.

the K

Heeeere we go again. Buy from whatever place you want. There are no SCUBA equipment purchace police.

Caveat Emptor, I say. Et tu, Brute, and Dulce et decorum pro patria mori, as well.

I have bought several times from Leisure pro and Was very happy with them, until now... they've always been very helpfull with my orders (especially the big $$ ones) and given me good service, until last time...

I actually had a few warranty issues with some gear purchased from them, and their tone changed completely from very helpful to trying to get out of it any way possible...:shakehead :shakehead They were giving me a hard time about returning a mask that didn't fit and hadn't been used at all... Also, they basically refused to honour my Cetacea warranty on a faulty retractor and told me to take it up with the company itself (which they took care of gladly). And finally, I bought some of their home brand defogger. When I got it it was a very different color than the last batch I had bought (exact same brand), and it didn't do the job at all (the previous batch had been great). Bottom line from them was no way we are replacing it for you...

This is nothing major, but it has been just enough to annoy me and to push another customer over to Scubatoys. I'm definetly going to be trying Larry's business next order I place...

Too bad for Leisure pro...

I hope this helps you make up your mind!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom