Wetsuit in water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_lover88:
What would happen if i soak my wetsuit for a few weeks and then take it out? would it be damaged?
I'm using a tilos 2/3mm full wetsuit. Since i dont dive regulary, shld i let it soak in the water to help "season" it??

It would be wet....

Would that season it? The nylon would age faster, as nylon soaks up water, you would run the risk of getting a fungus or other stuff growing on it.

Did I mention it would be wet?

Would not do much to the neop. - but there are lots of people that sort of live in the wetsuit days on end and they never get a chance to dry... does it shorten the life? I would say that is a yes. Is it a big deal... no.

You know it would be wet, right?

yes, i do know that it will be wet. I ask this qn is because i rarely wear my wetsuit at the place where i dive(i dive in lycra and boardshorts). However when i went to manado, it was too cold for me to dive with lycra only, so out come the wetsuit. And with the case of wetsuit in storage and new gear comes the difficulty to descend. I always had problem descending and having premature ascending(this happened twice, even though i still had over 150bars in my tank.) i realised that it could not be me or the bw/p 'coz i had already dumped all my air and exhaled every breath that i could exhale.

So i'm pointing the finger on my wetsuit and finding ways to season it so that it will not happen again.

dive_lover88:
i realised that it could not be me or the bw/p 'coz i had already dumped all my air and exhaled every breath that i could exhale.
If thats true, then you need another pound or two of weight added to your belt .. new, or unused wetsuits are "annoyingly" buoyant .. mine was

All that will happen is you will have a wet suit and a barrel of slimey water.
I dive a few days a week in the same wetsuit . Dive, wash it, hang it up - INSIDE. The sun will ruin it faster than anything.

Yeah unless you change the water regularly it will begin to stink...Even worse stink than peeing in

It sounds like underweighting to me. Neoprene compresses at depth and loses buoyancy, so you should have to add air to your BC at depth. It's almost cliche, but you could do with a buoyancy check with a nearly empty cylinder. :D

Back
Top Bottom