wetsuit layered

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noooooob

New
Reaction score
Hi
this is my first entry ever and i have a question sence i have not goten certified yet i was wondering how many wetsuits could you layer not that i need it i am just wondering for future refrence

thanks you can help ,Mark

If it that cold you are wanting to layer wetsuits it might be time to think about a drysuit.

Some wetauits are made to be layered but most of those are a sleeveless/legless body
suit to thicken over the core.
I have a Scubapro suit that is a 1.5 mil hooded vest under a 5mil fullsuit with 5mil body.
I found much over 7mil made it hard to move the arms and legs.

Normally you would do just two layers. Only plus boots hood and gloves.
A full suit and a Johnny suit/shorty. Combine thikness depends on type of diving.

Cold water diving:
5 - 7mm full length suit + a sleevles johnny 5 -7mm with hood or with out.
5 -7mm FUll sleevless + Johnny 5 7mm long sleeve and hood.

See the BARE website for more details

These are the popular combos for cold water diving. Anything past that..go get a drysuit.

Some folks also wear a skin under the wetsuit for added warmth and also it makes it easier for some to get out of the wetsuit. But at this point if your layering a wetsuit with more than two layer..GET a drysuit and a nice comfy set of underwear.

Warm water diving...depending how cold you get...2/3 mm is a good choice. Multple div day..some use 5mm. Again it all depends on what type of diving ya do.

Cheers

Where are you diving. What's the water temp?
I use a 7ml full suit (custom), hood, boots and gloves. It works fine at 50 + deg. Never dove below that temp so I have no idea if it would work below that temp as well.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom