"Waterproof" Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do I think? ???? This is the first I have heard of them.

Did you find the prices anywhere?

Gary D.

Yeah Ive never heard of them either, lots of nifty accessories on them. If every thing works as it should it sounds like an outstanding suit...otherwise junk.

Personally I'm not into all that fancy stuff, just more stuff to break and spend big $$$ to fix.

Waterproof is a Swedish company. My LDS carries them. My instructor got one of their wetsuits last year. He spoke very highly of the quality and performance of their stuff. While they're not well know in the US, I believe they are a top name brand elsewhere.

I have seen one up close at one of my local shops. Good build quality. I know quite a few people who swear by their wetsuits. I have not dove one though. It is no DUI but it is half the price at least.

I think that they are about the same price as a DUI ($1500), but you don't really need much underwear under them (so you save money there). The only complaint I've heard so far is that due to the crushed neoprene material, you need much more weight than with a Trilam... I hope we can find someone who wears/has worn one!

I´ve tried them, but wear tri-lam suit myself...being from Sweden, I see these suits at divesites regularly and while few divers like to talk about bad decisions most of the people I´ve talked to are actually "ambassadors" for the brand. If it´s neoprene you want then I don´t think you could go wrong...They also make "designed" wetsuit that look really cool...

This is their website, fwiw:
http://www.waterproof.se/

I got one and I must say its worth the expense. As a guy who has had neoprene before I swore I woudl never wear one again.

The build quality is excellent and I dont need to wear any more weight than i did with my membrane

I agree with Diving Doc – I've tested one and they are a seriously nice piece of kit. Mind you, I was probably a bit biased towards the neoprene angle, as I bloody hate trilam and membrane suits.

I have also tested extensively Waterproof's 3mm full suit and 5mm full suit, and they are well-designed, well-made, durable suits as well.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom