Request for tech info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mafiaman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I helped a friend step his mast last week in the keys, as a gift he gave me these lights for helping out.
It didn't have any batterys and I was told it uses two PS1270's these are 12v 7amp batteries, and the way the box is wired, it would make the out put 24v is the correct? and I know these are old but do you have a user manual archived or a schematic?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 67
P.S.

I am already using two 10w HID dive rite slim lines as my primary light I was hoping to add a defused light source with these in addition to the HID's

It will depend on how they are hooked up. If they are wired so that Batt 1's + lead is connected to Batt 2's - then yes you would add up the volts (24) and the amp hrs stay what thay are rated.

If they are wired so that the + from Batt 1 and Batt 2 are hooked together and the - are as well, then you add up the amp Hrs and the volts stay the same (12V).

Yes Dave, Thank you.
But what I'm looking for is if this set up was meant to be 24v or just one battery. If you look at picture 3 you'll notice a jumper made up inside the box. Was this meant to end the wires there? Or to jump between two batteries?

Back
Top Bottom