Transient Boat Slip in Lahaina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I rode my bike to the harbor master office on the pier...they said they don't have these anymore. (we had one for the Elesium when we came over from Hawaii Kai)

Any ideas, Maui ohana, for a one overnight place for a 22" Glacier Bay cat?

Over here, the Honolulu yacht club has some spots for "transients".

I dont rember any but call the yacht club and ask them. May have to let er ride on the hook and swim ashore. Just take your credit card:wink:
The harbor by the Maui ocen center has some, drawing a blank on the name.
EDIT: Maalia harbor. Check spelling.

If you talk nice to Mark (Howard4113) he might come and pick you up on his kayak to avoid you having to swim ashore. :)

I know there are several moorings near Mala Wharf (Lahaina) and the Lahaina harbour. I also know there are several in front of Airport Beach (Kaanapali), but don't know if these are private, reserved or just first-come-first-served.

I don't know either - I actually asked a boat captain last week about the moorings off Lahaina and he didn't know ... Check with a local yacht club I guess...

btw - if you drop anchor take a lesson from the guy who's boat has been on the reef for the past few years and set it very well :wink:

Aloha, Tim

That was a big storm they sank that one. Washed all the sand off the west side of Kahoolawe at the same time. Moorings are first come first serve even if they are "private". Always use caution when using an unknown mooring, you never know the age or condition of them. If you want I can loan you a real anchor then you dont have to worry.

kidspot:
btw - if you drop anchor take a lesson from the guy who's boat has been on the reef for the past few years and set it very well :wink:
Funny thing... that is my buddy's boat. He anchored there on Halloween a couple of years ago with some other friends, and as they went ashore for some "trick or treating" it slipped anchor and ended up on the reef. Next morning the boat was stripped of all his electronics:shakehead

I was contemplating heading over to Maui with him on that trip. If I remember correctly the fine would have been less than the cost of removing the boat from the reef, with no guarantee that the boat would have been removed.

fishb0y:
Funny thing... that is my buddy's boat. He anchored there on Halloween a couple of years ago with some other friends, and as they went ashore for some "trick or treating" it slipped anchor and ended up on the reef. Next morning the boat was stripped of all his electronics:shakehead

I was contemplating heading over to Maui with him on that trip. If I remember correctly the fine would have been less than the cost of removing the boat from the reef, with no guarantee that the boat would have been removed.

There has always been a boat washed up on that reef since I moved here it seems ... takes about 4 years and the state/county removes it, then a few months later another one washes up. "Rumor" (for what little that is worth) is that they want to sink it by the carthaginian as another artificial reef... but maybe that's just wishful thinking on the part of our wreck diving community over here (all 4 of them :wink: )

Bummer for your friend though losing everything on it :( Sometimes people are way too predictable in their depravity :( wish it were otherwise.

swim ashore. Just take your credit card

hey now. I have almost lived that boat jumping incident down.

For awhile, I was know as "the boatjumper chick". The Mauna Kea was very nice, thank-you. (if you ever need to "get off a boat" peeps, you can swim ashore and check in from the pool area, take a nap, order room service and buy clothes at the gift shop!) Heck, it was so nice I stayed five days....Big Island though.

I guess we could take a kayak with us..kinda hard to put the cycles in it though.

Interisland travel sure is not friendly...Hawaii doesn't exacty cater to boaters.

Are you all talking about the boat on the reef off Kimos? That one looks nice...very "authentic"

ugh...Kris I covet your photo badge.

catherine96821:
hey now. I have almost lived that boat jumping incident down.

For awhile, I was know as "the boatjumper chick". The Mauna Kea was very nice, thank-you. (if you ever need to "get off a boat" peeps, you can swim ashore and check in from the pool area, take a nap, order room service and buy clothes at the gift shop!) Heck, it was so nice I stayed five days....Big Island though.

I guess we could take a kayak with us..kinda hard to put the cycles in it though.

Interisland travel sure is not friendly...Hawaii doesn't exacty cater to boaters.

Are you all talking about the boat on the reef off Kimos? That one looks nice...very "authentic"

ugh...Kris I covet your photo badge.
Well, you can always pull up to the Kihei boat ramp or Mala Wharf, unload your stuff, then go and park the boat on the mooring (or anchor), then kayak just yourself back to shore.

Not sure where to store the 'yak, but maybe you have an idea. :)

good idea.

You could probably just lock it somewhere with a bike lock....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom