Scuba.com....good or bad experiences???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eduardo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone had positive or negative experiences with purchasing from Scuba.com???

In the past I had purchased snorkeling equipment from them and everything went OK. Recently made a scuba equip purchase and have had difficulty getting a return/replacement for a manufacturer's defect.

I learned that while their Sales department is open every day, their Returns department is only staffed on Mon, Wed, Fri after 10 a.m. PST.

They received my returned item on Friday, January 5th and I'm still waiting to get a straight answer and resolution. On Friday, Jan. 12th I was told that I need to speak with someone named Reggie on Monday, Jan. 15th to get the final word. I've never received a return call or email and the only contact has resulted from me picking up the phone.

They don't have a presence here and doing a search for "scuba.com" returned every mention of "scuba"...which is a lot as you would expect.:wink:

Never had a bad experience with them. Never had to return anything either.

Wow, that wasn't the experience I had with them when we had to exchange something at all!! Not only did THEY call me to make sure it was right, but when a mistake was made, they immediately sent out the right item and paid all shipping. They went out of their way with their customer service.

IMHO I don't usually buy important equipment online just for those reasons. I know it's cheaper but, I don't like the headache of dealing with someone I have never seen or met before. To me it's just a trust thing I guess...

I have bought several things from them and never had a problem. In fact when I was looking for fins that would fit my wifes and my drysuit I had ordered three sets of fins four sets of springs. When I sent back what I didnt need they e-mailed an apology for the trouble, which of course was my fault. My last order they price matched LP with no problem. I cant say enough good things about Scuba.com

Fast5frog: Like you I'd love to buy from the LDS but they mark up 5%-10% above MSRP and then give a 10% "discount" once a year during their year-end sale. I was ready to buy a BCD from them at a "discount" and when I went in to purchase it in late Dec. they informed me of a price increase for 2007 inventory (weren't we still in 2006?). Although it was only $30 more than the original price quote from 2 weeks ago, it really irked me. They also tried to talk me into a larger size because my size was out of stock. Even a new diver like me could see it was way too big.

I've had only great experiences dealing directly with Joe at Scubatoys.com but this purchase through scuba.com was priced $275 off MSRP. I think that they may have mispriced it on their website because the price went up the day after my purchase. Maybe that's why they are not in a hurry to help me out.

I'll see what they say on Monday.

Any other first hand experiences?????

Scubatoys excellent, liesurepro good, scuba.com good , lds fair

Tremtech: My sentiments exactly!

Daxter, Fast5frog: Saw you on the Atomic Mask thread. Pricey stuff but noticebly better than the average mask.

Ordered from Scuba.com twice.. one time, an item I ordered was missing.. called them.. it arrived two days later.. they paid the shipping...

I've ordered several things from Scuba.com that I could not get from my LDS (which I love, BTW). I've never had a problem with them, never had to return anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom