Good Quality 2 Piece Wet Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dawhale

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been diving 2 piece wet suits, Jacket & John, for 11 years. I wet to my LDS and tried on a jumpsuit. Not an easy thing for me to wiggle into. I lack the flexibility I once had. Searching the INTERNET looks like most wet suit manufactures are moving away from producing the Jacket John suits. Any of you still dive this way? If so what manufacture is still producing a good quality suit? Thanks

Frankly your experinece sounds like you were in the wrong fullsuit if you had those issues.

I keep runing into lots of divers with new Henderson Johns & Jackets. Bare also has them burried in the line-up. What thickness are you looking for?

Pete

Check out a Harvey's FLEX if you can find one locally. I enjoy the comfort and flexabilty.
C-Dawg

Sorry for leaving out some info. Need a 6-7mm suit. On line I saw the Harveys Flex. Not much info provided on their web site. Probably a decent suit as they have been around for ages. As to the Bare I do not see the need for a zipper on the front of the John. Just some thing else to fail and another place for water to enter. Would prefer Velcro at the shoulder. Kevlar knee pads would be nice. Any one here own the Bare Supra? Looking at a custom suit but hoping not to have to spend $400-$500. Found Pinnacle has a two piece. Any one have any experience with this product? For what a Henderson cost I can get a custom. Not in a rush. Having fun shopping but do need something in the next few months.

As for the pinnacle, I haven't used the farmer john specifically, though others I know locally swear by it. I have used their 3mil Seal and Breaker, as well as the 1mil Shadow and their 'semi-dry' Polar suits. I love every one of them. From my experience pinnacle makes quality suits... don't think you can go wrong there.

I've tried several different 2 pc 5mm/7mm wetsuits and I chose Henderson's 7mm gold core. I find the gold core is easy to slip into and keeps me warm. It also has the knee pads but I don't think they are kevlar.

Salaam

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom