Deco and Stage Regs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucid

Contributor
Reaction score
I am about to buy a couple of regulators to use soley for deco and stage bottles. I was thinking about Apeks tx50 with ds4's. But I am thinking that may be overkill. My question is this; If you didn't have old regs to use as deco/stage regs and had to go out and purchase new what would you buy?

Thanks in advance!

I like the AquaLung Titan.
Inexpensive and bulletproof.
Rick

I scored a TX40/DS4 combo for like $130 when they went on sale at Diveinn earlier this year...works great and was pretty cheap..

I did have other regs, but i chose to invest in the Apeks DS4/TX50s. I like these much better than my old regs. Much cleaner hose routing and i like having a TX50 on my stage, its a better breather than my last stage reg.

Andy

For deco regs i agree with pug, the easiest breathing regs you can find

You general spen the most amount of time on the reg at your 20 foot stop.

I use
Apex tx50 on my 80% or 100%
Apex tx100 on my 36%
Apex tx200 on my back gas unless i am doing dives deeper than 300 feet then I use Posiedon and use one of the tx200 for my intermediate trimix

Don't by the OMS O2 reg as it sucks to breath off of for any length of time

I also have a pair of Atomics T1/B1 which i sometime through into the mix as I love the way they breath usualy as an intermediat trimix reg

Put the easiest breathers on the deco bottles which by definition will contain your denser mixes. Save the hardest breathers for your stages and backgas as these which will carry your less dense mixes. If you are scootering, you especially don't want regs that will tend to freeflow and dump any of this less dense gas supply. If you are just going to breathe nitrox mixes, get the best breathing regs you can and use them for everything. swimndive

Looks like I forgot to mention specifics. Deco reg: scubapro mk20/g250 or atomic's new m2. Haven't tried the mk25/s600 but the g500 second was less than ideal. Stage: something small and cheap with decent hose routing. US4/DS4's with 40" hoses, anything with a turret you can use shorter hoses, beauchats work well, scubapro though expensive are also nice. Oceanic Zeagle Genisis USD it really doesn't matter.

I am currently usings TX50/DS4's for my doubles. Maybe I should just move them to stage/deco and purchase some higher end TX100/TX200 for bottom mix. I bought the TX50 setup because it came highly recommended. Are the TX100/200 jsut as bulletproof as the TX50 is supposed to be?

Thanks again for your advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom