Tdi Cave Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roguediver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is everyones feelings about the cave courses offered by TDI there is a DS here that offers TDI cave training. good vs bad. thanks for any info.

TDI's syllabus is in line with NSS-CDS, NACD, IANTD etc... Ask around about the instructor.
Rick

I deal with the NSS-CDS for a number of reasons ,but one of the main reasons being cave conservation.I am primarily motivated to cave dive because I am entranced by caves-no make that obsessed.For me the NSS-CDS provides not only training but cave education in all spectrums and I believe the nss is driven by caves not profits or notoriety!Many of the other agencies offer training that is exemplary but I do not believe CAVES are their primary agenda.If you want caving skills to hybridize into other forms of diving-many other agencies offer exellent training and I agree find an instructor you will respect.On a final note{I am sure I will get fried for this}Most insructors/organizations can in one way or another trace their lineage back to the NSS-CDS or NACD Hmmmmmm food for thought?????I am oldschool-forgive me but are not a lot of techniques ideas simply refinements on NSS-CDS protocol-sure advancements come along,this is natural but the previous exploits of the pioneers of this realm are not given enough credo!!!! Sorry I digress.:doctor:

I would like to have NSS-CDS and NACD but I do not think there is anyone close to where I live. I realize that I will have to travel to do the training but I would like to have an insrturctor that is close to me.

If you would like to look into TDI Cave Training, contact Larry Green. He is part of the training group, not just an instructor, for TDI. He is also the training director for NACD, and a NSS-CDS instructor. IMO, he is an excellent instructor, and you will leran a great deal from him.

www.tecdivers.com

Good Luck.

:doctor:
I too have taken my cave training through Larry Green. I have had the opportunity to work with him on the TDI cavern/cave program. Larry is a great source for the information you are seeking.
When you talk to him tell him R2 sent you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom