lobos on a whim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon m

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey all-
decided saturday night to drive to lobos on 1-15 from Sacto (looked online, and saw it was not full). after leaving at 4:30AM, we arrived at monterey at 8AM, by 9am the sun was up, warming (slightly) things up and we got in the park.
all i can say is WOW! the conditions were perfect! we managed to get in 3dives ,lost my snorkle first dive, buddy kicked reg out of mouth once, and i knocked my own reg out once (don't ask!) IT WAS AWSOME... did get cold on the last dive,batteries on camera died on third dive , too
went to the caves to check 'em out , wasn't impressed, but there were some BIG fish over there, saw a ling that was about 20lb. and after cleaning up and loading up, we were on our way back home by5pm (got home at8:45pm)
what a perfect day of diving, but now i just gotta get through work!!!
was anyone else out there yesterday?
we met a couple nice folks, who advised on dive spots...
thanks

Sounds like a good time, except for the minor misshaps.

it was great...
i like the "unexpected" skills tests....
that's the best way to learn...

Jon -

I thought I was the only insane one who was willing to do a day trip to Monterey for some diving. :D

Thanks for the report! I am scheduled to dive there on March 3rd. :D

Minh

Yeah I'm going crazy now!! Only 3 more days and I cannot even hold myself together. This is pure torture!! :(

John: you should meet up with some of Davis types one day down at Monterey. We are on the way to the coast!

Ian

Ian -

If you're ever up for a one day trip to Monterey - just let me know.

Minh

lol... yes i gotta hook up with some of you "locals"!

I'm near highway 680, you can pick me up after you pick up the other guys :wink:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom