Thursday 18th Jan Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
woohooo - finally getting some downward action!!

loss this week, 700grm or 1.5lbs!

but

i also had my measurements done so despite being up and down and up and down and up and up since 27th Nov i still managed to loose over 1" from my chest, almost 2" from my waist and 1/2" from my hips

ive been walking each day and feeling motivated!!!

so hows everyone else doing??? ringing the SB CHALLANGE BELL for show and tell!!!

we havent had any before & during/after pics for a while... anyone got something new to share??

cheers everyone!!!

HAHAHH - CC, thats why i dont weigh myself every day (well i do but there is only 1 official weighin day!)

yesterday i had a chilli meal with bread for dinner and 4ltrs of water so i expected to be heavier this morning but all going to plan, in a few days its evens out

hahahahaha - still making me laught though!

Ok,
After last week's level off, I came back with a vengence this week!

Down from 262 lbs (118.84 kgs) to 253 lbs (114.76 kgs)

Down 9 lbs (4.08 kgs) this week, after no loss during the holidays!
---
Some interesting stats (well, they are to me... so you will have to suffer them :grin: )

My Baseline Metabolic Rate (BMR) - Calories my body burns to sustain vital life functions while awake is 2,105 calories

My Background Activities account for calories I burn performing the activities of a typical day. (Sleep, light seated activity, etc.) is 2,999 calories

Extra activities (walking for excersise, jogging, even driving... I drive a lot for my job) get logged as "logged activities"

Digestion happens 24 hours a day and accounts for 300 calories
----
Put it all together and it looks like this:

Metabolism:
Baseline (BMR): 2,105

Background Activities + Digestion + Logged Activities = Total Calories Burned
2,999 + 300 + XXXX = 3,299 + XXXX

I've been working to get Total Calories Burned up to 4,000 calories per day, or more. The trick is that all Logged Activities take time and calories from Background Activities. So far it's been working well for me :D , but I have a program that does the math when I enter the info.
===
Measurements: (This week...)

Neck: -1/2 in
Bicep: -1/2 in
Forearm: -1/4 in
Chest: -1 in
Waist: -3 in
Hips: -1 in
Thigh: -3/4 in
Calf: -1/2 in

This week showed the biggest changes since I started in November (That's why I am a little excited... sorry)
====
For everyone who is doing well... Keep it up!

For everyone who is really trying, but showing little progress... Keep it up more!

Woohoo to CoolTech - nice going!

"we havent had any before & during/after pics for a while... anyone got something new to share?? "

Umm...not really I tried looking for stuff before I started but don't have anything really, I can do the 'Look at these huge jeans I used to wear' shot?

Anyway for me this week:

Current weight : 164.3lbs (Lowest ever!)
Last weeks weight: 168.5lbs
Loss this week: 4.2lbs (I believe my biggest ever loss in a week!)
Total Loss to date: 50.7lbs

Ok lost .75 of the 1.5# I gained in my sleep...
Cooltech: That is soooooooooo over what my brain can compute
Can't wait for the weekend, I don't do the whole tedious workout, just mini ones,

Excellent news all. I'm still floating at the 217-218 mark, so I'm happy with that given my somewaht realxed winter hibernation...

I'll try the before and after pictures here...

Attachments

• LotsToTan.jpeg
    LotsToTan.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0386_edited.jpg
    IMG_0386_edited.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0406_edited.jpg
    IMG_0406_edited.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 42
Incredible Colby! (may I ask what you were in the first photo?)

I was down 2.5 lbs as of yesterday, but I went out to eat last night and had lots of Sangria and food. I am still stuffed!!! So I am only down 1.5 lbs. LOL. I was actually surprised that the damage wasn't greater.

TheTrickster:
Incredible Colby! (may I ask what you were in the first photo?)

That was taken in Acapulco. I found it a couple of months ago and shuddered at what I actually looked like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom