Night Boat Dives in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone ever heard of any charters doing this? Provided it does complicate things a bit but it would be a cool experience... Imagine Stillwater cove at night :D

Just thinking out loud

I'll bet one of the smaller boats would do it. Say the Silver Prince or the Beach Hopper 2. They would probably need to be chartered.

Dive boats down here will go out with a certain minimum of divers, if you don't want to charter the whole thing. They go out at night a lot, during the first few weeks of Lobster season... but you don't have lobster up there, do you? :shakehead

I have yet to get any night dive in in Monterey... well, except for the 5 minute dive with DOH, when all three of my lights went out... that night SO sucked!

If you can get a boat to do it during one of my weekends up there, I'd be totally game for the trip. I LOVE night dives!

SoCalAngel:
Dive boats down here will go out with a certain minimum of divers, if you don't want to charter the whole thing. They go out at night a lot, during the first few weeks of Lobster season... but you don't have lobster up there, do you? :shakehead

I have yet to get any night dive in in Monterey... well, except for the 5 minute dive with DOH, when all three of my lights went out... that night SO sucked!

If you can get a boat to do it during one of my weekends up there, I'd be totally game for the trip. I LOVE night dives!

Sweetie you come on down here and I will be more then happy to take you on some very cool night dives!!

We do them all of the time!!!!!!!!!!!

That includes this coming weekend!!

The Silver Prince only needs 4 divers to go out usually. I can talk to the shop when I go in there today to see what it would take. I am sure it is the same. I have worked on the boat on a few night dive trips. Very cool. I would also be down for joining in rather than working the boat. I will get back to you in a second. I work right above the shop.

Monterey Express also does the night dives. Probably want to check them out too. Don't know why would anybody go diving at night except for studying the animals, I'm probably going to be fast asleep and didn't even know my air was gone about eight hours ago. :D

Monterey Express is a huge boat. You need atleast 12 or maybe even more for Tim to pull off the dock. I can call and ask Tim as well though. Silver Prince only need 4 and can hold up to 16. I was just in there talking to the new owner and forgot to mention this. I am calling right now.

Ok. Jared is out of town the manager and the new owners are not present right now. Jared will be back this weekend from Belize. I will ask as soon as he gets back.

I'm sure any of the boats in Monterey will do a night dive if you ask them. Just have to charter it.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom