Question about the Scubapro rebate deal that's in the LDS right now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One of my students said Scubapro is offering discounts on package purchases. He said something about a mail-in rebate and needing proof of paying for a class? Since I'm an independent instructor and he's taking (and paying for) his class through the university does anyone know what he needs as proof of payment? This was the first I had heard of this deal and since he bought the package to get the discount I would like to do what I can to make sure that happens.

What's the scoop on this deal?
Ber :lilbunny:

He's a college student and I'm not associated with any shop so he's not actually taking his class through an authorized dealer he's taking it through the university. We send the students to the LDS, an authorized Scubapro dealer, for their gear since we don't sell anything. I'm sure he can get proof that he paid his tuition through the university but does anyone know if Scubapro will accept that since the university isn't actually a dealer?

Link says the class has to be from an authorized Scubapro dealer. SOL

I was hoping a Scubapro rep might be lurking who could make an exception. The shop does send us instructors to help out when we don't have someone available to teach a class but even then the class is paid for through the university. I know it's an odd case but we can't be the only university that offers scuba without contracting with a shop.

Ber, I would call the shop and have them talk to their rep. I can't imagine the shop would want to lose the sale.

How about calling Scubapro and telling them the situation. If I were a Scubapro rep, I wouldn't want to deny a discount to a university that presumably trains quite a few divers. Especially if the university has a relationship with a local shop.

I would additionally call the shop and have them call Scubapro from their side. After all, they presumably want the sales.

I'll give the kid a chance to get the stuff submitted, he just asked me about it last night in class and I had no clue what he was talking about. I told him if his bursar's payment receipt wouldn't work to let me know and I would see what I could do. I admit it, I'm a "just in case" person and I'm doing recon prior to actually seeing the problem. I can't help myself, I don't like surprises :D

Lead_carrier:
http://www.scubapro.com/rebate/rebate.htm

There is a link to the rebate form. My guess is he will have to have a proof of payment of some type to get the rebate.

ScubaPro should get a new web designer. The person who designed the yellow link on a yellow background should go back to web design school. Not to mention that the link is scrolled off the screen when the page is displayed.

I am wondering if OSU doesn't have any dealership status like IU. As I recall, the colleage kids trained through IU can claim a rebate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom