wetsuit stretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They will sometimes mold to your form over time. This is most noticable in custom suits that come new without pre-bent panels. If stretched significantly the cells in the neoprene will tear and the material will grow in this manner. This is not something you want to do to attain a fit though it's a common remedy to tweak the neck portion of a hood, hooded vest or neoprene drysuit seal.

When wet you are more apt to feel more comfort because the wetness lubricates the fit while your motion lets the suit settle into place with even tension.

As far as "with wear" it all depends on things like the depths of your dives, storage conditions, grade of the intital materials and how the suit fits to begin.

Pete

thanks another question... what about tryin it out in a pool in chlorine water any opinions on that and where can I put it to dry in the winter after i do? thanks

Trying it out in a pool is fine. I'd just make sure to rinse it off with some fresh water then leave it hanging up inside out in the garage or over a bathtub.

I'd swear my 7mm suit shrunk instead of stretched :wink:

Back
Top Bottom