In need of some weight pouches...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whisky_Tango

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good Monring Everyone.

So, I recently purchased a BCD on eBay, but the deal has gone a little sideways. (I can hear the shocked gasps from here). What was represented as a "Brand New - Never Been Used" complete Dacor Flyt Pak has turned out to be a little less than advertised.

The long and short of it is that, while the BCD itself is in good condition (and the actual bladder is great), it is missing the integrated weight pouches, and the Inflator Hose assembly has been replaced with a Beuchat Venturi 'Air 2' type Inflator.

A bit of web research on my part has been unable to locate any information on the Beuchat inflator. I have also not been able to find any replacement weight pouches for the BCD either. I understand that the Flyt Pak is an older model, but does anyone know of any 'Universal' weight pouches that may work? The weight pockets are velcro type, with no buckles. Also, anyone have any experience with the Beuchat Air 2? I've not yet tested it on a tank (I don't have the right hose) but I'll be taking it to my LDS soon to get it all checked out.

Looking for some input and opinions.

Oh yeah, I am also in contact with the seller (who is NOT cooperating) as well as dealing with PayPal legal in an attempt to get a little money back for my USED purchase as opposed to new. I know, I know... Caveat Emptor. It was still a pretty good price.

Cheers,

Todd

edit: Actually, I did have one return for the pouches here (http://www.joediveramerica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?store_code=JDA&screen=PROD&product_code=437905) but at $45 each (and I need both) I was hoping to find something a little less expensive.

Whisky_Tango:
Looking for some input and opinions.

Oh yeah, I am also in contact with the seller (who is NOT cooperating) as well as dealing with PayPal legal in an attempt to get a litle money back for my USED purchase as opposed to new. I know, I know... Caveat Emptor. It was still a pretty good price.
You're screwed.

I never use Paypal for anything more than I'm willing to lose.

Always use Your Credit Card.

Terry

Well im sorry to hear that you got ripped on the BCD. Some times you have to bight the bullet and buy the gear. 100$ is not bad for weight pockets. Get the pockets and go diving.

Back
Top Bottom