Freediving Instructor coming to Dubai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_diva_mv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Dear Divers and Dive Centres,

I am writing to inform you all that Miss Emma Farrell, the famous UK Team Freediver and Instructor Trainer, (http://emma-freediver.co.uk/index.html ) will be visiting Dubai in the second week of March and will be here for approximately four to five weeks. She will be introducing freediving to our community and teaching courses.

FreeDiving (or Breath-Hold Diving) is an amazing and unique sport. Swimming underwater on a single breath without the need of bulky or clumsy equipment has been described as a truly relaxing and personal experience. It is a fantastic sport that gives people the opportunity to learn how to swim underwater whilst breath holding safely. Whilst it may appear that there is little to ‘learn’, all students without exception are amazed at the science behind it and glad that they learnt more. Emma teaches students who are complete beginners, through to those who want to be instructors themselves. Freediving is also less expensive than scuba, as it requires only mask, fin, snorkel and weight belt for the pool training here in our warm Dubai water.

Emma’s students range from children through to people in their 70s, from those who have never ventured deeper than their local swimming pool to scuba divers, spear fishers and advanced freedivers. She teaches deep tank courses at the stunning SETT tank (UK), open water courses in the idyllic setting of Vobster Quay in Somerset (UK), and also overseas. She has also co-authored the DeeperBlue.net Freediving Manual, written AIDA International courses and all extra material for every course I teach. On every course you are guaranteed the highest standards of tuition with the most complete and comprehensive freediving package available anywhere in the world. She has also just published her own book, http://www.pynto.com/onebreath/ called One Breath, A Reflection of Freediving, endorsed by female no-limits world record holder as deepest freediver (160m) Tanya Streeter.

Emma is also a Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) instructor, AIDA International Judge and practicing Reflexologist.

Can you let me know any possible interest from your side, as Emma will hold 1*-3* AIDA Freediving courses as well while she is here. http://emma-freediver.co.uk/courses.html There are no other Freediving Training Agencies in the UAE, and I will be the first resident AIDA instructor of this kind in the UAE starting April 2007 when Emma departs to her home country.

For Scuba Divers, Emma teaches a Gas Guzzler Course. The price of this course is 200 AED and is aimed at assisting scuba divers to improve their breathing capability. The course is only 3 hours long and is classroom only.

This course is an incredibly successful way to learn how to reduce air consumption. With some theory and mainly practical exercises, Emma will take you through the mechanics of breathing, working with each individual to learn how to slow and calm your breath and work to discover how to still your mind as well!

Emma will also be present at the DMEX 2007 and will give a presentation on Freediving.

If any of you are interested in these courses, or hosting these courses at your dive centre in the UAE on any one day, please contact me and I will visit you, and bring more information and discuss details with you. For those of you not based in Dubai but outside the country please do not hesitate to contact me if you are visiting Dubai between 13 March and 12 April and we can arrange a programme for you.

This An Opportunity not to be Missed!

Best regards, and safe diving for 2007 to all.

Sara-Lise Haith
diva@divasindubai.com

PO BOX 213677
Dubai
United Arab Emirates

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom