Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone ever purchased any undergarments from ebay like these?

If so good, bad, ugly? did you like them? are they at least worth what they are listed at?

I purched his "antartic" socks and they are really toasty!! I was just wondering about the "quilted" 3 layer suit. I know it's fleece but I wouldn't be expecting Thinsulate warmth either.

Thanks,
Jeremy

JKSteger:
Has anyone ever purchased any undergarments from ebay like these?

If so good, bad, ugly? did you like them? are they at least worth what they are listed at?

I purched his "antartic" socks and they are really toasty!! I was just wondering about the "quilted" 3 layer suit. I know it's fleece but I wouldn't be expecting Thinsulate warmth either.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Just finished purchasing from him. Great, great service. Fast shipping. And, most importantly, I like the suit a lot. I got the "4 WAY ANTARCTICA DRY SUIT UNDERGARMENT".

One of the unexpected great things about the service is that I purchased one, used it on two dives. Found it too big. I purchased another a size lower. He recognized me. Asked what was wrong and offered to take the first one back.

I was going to wait until the entire transaction (returned suit) was done and I got a dive on the new suit before posting here about the suit and the service. But since you asked, I will state how happy I am with both so far. And I can't imagine that changing.

Be careful though: the weights listed for sizing are quite low. Actually, much of the stuff may be off a bit. I am:

73" tall, 48" chest, not sure of hip, 32" inseam, and 255lbs. The 3x was too big to go under the suit (legs and arms bunched up). The 2x seems great.
Chris

Thanks for the report Chris. What temps did you dive in? I know on several of his listings it says
"Water Temperature Rating 55-60 - it is a conversative rating- buyers are using them in colder water with no problem"

Have you found this to be true?

Thanks,
Jeremy

I just got it delivered and all I can say is WOW! If you are not concerned with diving a good quality fleece undergarment, I don't think you can beat these. Mine is of the greatest quality. I cannot wait to dive it.

Jeremy

My GF got a custom made one, of the "4 WAY ANTARCTICA DRY SUIT UNDERGARMENT" type. The legs fit really well (no extra wadded material like when she was using one of mine) but the upper body was way big. The seller said to get it altered locally, and he would pay for the alteration. It now fits okay, but certainly not as "cute" on her as what she was using previously. She hasn't used it yet, but I'm expecting it to be pretty cozy. One other thing was that the pockets were really bulky. IIRC, they also were made of a double-layer of the fleece, so 6 layers total (suit, inner side of pocket, outer side of pocket, 2 layers each!). She just had the pockets removed during alteration -- I probably would have modified them, rather than removed them.

What temps are you using these in, I am looking at one, but will probally have to have it altered as NOTHING ever fits me. (short and fat)

Yes mine could probably use an altering but at the price that he is selling them I still cannot find a good undie less expensive.

Jeremy

I used the one that was too large for about a 40min runtime in about 40F water temps. Slightly chilly at the end, but my glove leaked too :)

I had on underarmor shirt to wick, but that was it.

cmalinowski:
...about a 40min runtime in about 40F water temps. Slightly chilly at the end...
Sounds like I need to put in my order. I may be a bit farther south, but those lakes stay *cold* on the bottom. :D

(Incidentally, and off topic to boot, I just got a fortune cookie that said, and I quote, "Striving for the best will bring you loser to the best." Do you think they're missing a 'c'... or a pair of commas? :))

I think I'm going to order one of the 4 way artic...if I don't like it, it will be for sale here!!

Thanks for all the info guys!! :D

Back
Top Bottom