Bare Drysuit sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottg541

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I just ordered a Bare Trilam HD tech, and was reading through some sizing stuff that seemed to have some mixed reviews.

I ordered a Large, because that's where if fit on their sizing chart, I'm 6'0", 200#

Any similar size divers out there to attest to the accuracy of their sizing chart?

Thanks,
Scott

I cant help you I'm afraid, but since its 330am and I'm bored i will make an observation...

Why is it that folks (like yourself) make a purchase and then login here and ask for opinions regarding the product? I'm not being a jerk (I promise) it just amuses / confuses me!! Might this question not have been more usefully posted prior to buying the suit?

Howdy

Understand the dilemma...just received a Bare T100 undergarment and was anxious about the sizing...(e.g. kept rechecking the sizing chart while I waited for the mail to arrive :)). I'm 6'2", 195 and these were what I'd call the defining limts to Bare sizing. With that I ordered a Large-Tall and the fit was great...no binding and not too much loose material.

Hope it works out...
Dane

Scott,

I ordered a Bare "Tech" in M-Large along with the "Hi-Loft" undies.

The suit fits nicely with the Hi-Loft undies.

I can't say with absolute certainty, but it appears to me that Bare sets its size charts with consideration to using their thickest undergarments.

the K

Scuba-Jay:
I cant help you I'm afraid, but since its 330am and I'm bored i will make an observation...

Why is it that folks (like yourself) make a purchase and then login here and ask for opinions regarding the product? I'm not being a jerk (I promise) it just amuses / confuses me!! Might this question not have been more usefully posted prior to buying the suit?

Jay, read the post if you're really concerned about this, it's only 3 lines. The first line should answer your question. Hope you find something to do.

Scott

I knew I'd come across the jerk by posting that! Wasn't trying to be mean, just an observation! Hope your suit works out!

Jay

Hi,
I'm exactly your size, and ordered the same drysuit. I'm embarassed to say I can't recall whether I ordered a L or a ML or MLT (I think maybe I got the L). I really love the suit, and it fits well. The only problem is getting the upper part of the suit over my head. There isn't a lot of extra material, and it is a fight. I found that I need to make sure the arms are fully in, and that the zipper is lying flat before attempting to go up and over my head. I ordered the suits with two pockets, which I REALLY love, and with suspenders, which are so-so. Send me a PM if you have other questions. -Todd.

I bought the Bare Nex-Gen Pro, size MLT. Here are some pics of me in it at 6' and 185 lbs with 150g fleece underclothes. I was between ML and MLT, but went with the latter to make sure I had enough reach for the valves. As a result there is some excess bag in the suit so I wonder if I made the right choice. Either way, I'd prefer a tighter fit, but maybe it's just the nature of shell suits to be baggy.

scottg541:
Hello,

I just ordered a Bare Trilam HD tech, and was reading through some sizing stuff that seemed to have some mixed reviews.

I ordered a Large, because that's where if fit on their sizing chart, I'm 6'0", 200#

Any similar size divers out there to attest to the accuracy of their sizing chart?

Thanks,
Scott
I have 2 Bare wetsuits and a stock size Bare Trilam HD tech drysuit and all of them fit me very well, its as if Bare custom fit them for me. From my experience, their sizing charts are very accurate. They're one of a few manufacturers who has 15 different sizes. One thing that bugged me when I wore my drysuit for the first time, it was pressing on my crotch and was quite uncomfortable. However, after a couple of dives, the neoprene material stretched a bit and I never experienced the problem again. Anyway, I hope your suit works out for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom