Pinnacle Drysuit Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJENNIFER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any experience with either the Regular Evolution Undergarment or the Evolution Merino Undergarment???

Thanks!!

I have the latter. It's excellent. Was sweating in 50F water in San Diego a few weeks ago. Have been warm in MA waters down to about 45F (waters haven't really cooled much yet). So far, very happy.

As the above stated, the merino can get warm depending on the water your in.....But thats what its supposed to do....

Where are you going to be diving?

Do you get cold easy?

What kind of diving are you doing?

Dive Right In Scuba:
As the above stated, the merino can get warm depending on the water your in.....But thats what its supposed to do....

Where are you going to be diving?

Do you get cold easy?

What kind of diving are you doing?

Some local quarries around here and SoCal mostly.

Hopefully nothing ever below 50°

Seems the older I get the less tolerant I am of cold. I had dived in SoCal in a 7mm the last 4 years and never been cold. This year, I froze my butt off. The temps were slightly lower this year but not that much.

Try eating a heartier breakfast....

And GO BEARS!!!

ScubaJennifer-

Just sent you a PM back about the Vikings, but if you are really interested in a great undergarment, check out the Fourth Element Xerotherm Arctic. It is two-piece, but remarkably warm. There has been a lengthy discussion over on TDS about it.

There are various retailers in the US, but if you can't find one locally, give Matt at Northwest Sports Divers a call. Tell him Doug sent you . . .

One of the really wonderful things about this undergarment is its flexibility, unlike thinsulate, this stuff stretches easily. I was admittedly skeptical when I first looked at it, but have been completely warm in a trilam suit in dives up to an hour in water down to about 44 degrees. Topside I've been warm down to about 28 degree air temp, and I've even had the unfortunate experience of flooding my right leg in these conditions and stayed warm throughout a 40 minute dive to 75 feet (note to self: new drysuit zipper sometimes feels "closed" when it isn't).

Thanks Doug!

The 2 piece part, I don't mind actually...Will make it much easier to go to the little girls room. We can't just pee anywhere like you guys! :D

Can you give me an idea on the price range?

I think it is around $150 a piece, so $300 for top/bottom. That seems to be about what a good undergarment costs, and it is worth it. I'm amazed by the stuff (and the top is nice to keep on for cold drives home afterwards).

dsteding:
I think it is around $150 a piece, so $300 for top/bottom. That seems to be about what a good undergarment costs, and it is worth it. I'm amazed by the stuff (and the top is nice to keep on for cold drives home afterwards).

It looks to be quite thin, Is that accurate?? I think I need better pictures!! Strip to your undies and take pictures Doug!! :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom