regulator setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjm460

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wondering if installing your own hoses, guages and such on your regulator is something that is best left to a DS or is it just a matter of unscrewing a plug and screwing in the hose. I'm buying a set of regs/guages but don't want to get the octo just yet.(not diving until April) I'm not sure which octo setup I want so I figured I could install it myself when I decide, unless of course, it is ill advised.

Thanks

Pretty easy stuff, but helps if you have an idea what you're doing. Talk with someone who has a clue and you should be clued in pretty quick.

if you can follow simple instructions and have basic tool skills then it should not be an issue.....BUT if unsure, pay the LDS the fee to have it set-up, tuned and tested

pjm460:
Hello all,

Just wondering if installing your own hoses, guages and such on your regulator is something that is best left to a DS or is it just a matter of unscrewing a plug and screwing in the hose. I'm buying a set of regs/guages but don't want to get the octo just yet.(not diving until April) I'm not sure which octo setup I want so I figured I could install it myself when I decide, unless of course, it is ill advised.

Thanks

Installing the hoses takes nothing more than a crescent wrench and a set of allen wrenches. Tuning the reg - that takes a little more knowledge. Its your call but if you are unsure about this, it would likely be worth $25 bucks or so to have a dive shop tune it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom