Gunilda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weight_for_me

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, TVO is airing "Drowning in Dreams" Sunday November 10 at midnight. To quote,
"Fred Broennle's quest to raise the luxury yacht Gunilda from the frigid depths of Lake Superior would cause the death of his diving partner, cost him a fortune, and change his life forever."
I have it on tape....although it was produced in 1997, it is still an excellent documentary.
BTW, what is the status of that wreck now?
Randy...

I just saw a video of that wreck, it was shot by one of my instructors. It is in excellent condition

Randy - I'll have to try to tape it as its a little past my bedtime......

SS

If you still have the documentary "drowning in dreams" about the Gunilda, I would be very interested

Regards

Remi

I will hopefully be over your way this weekend and if you want me to drop that off or you can pick it up, that would be great. I would love to borrow the tape so Matt and I could watch it.

Hello

Thats a great diving program, how one man goes from riches to rags trying to retreave that beauty. I hear its still in excellent condition and is tightly protected. I never dove her but its not going anywere soon, some day.

D M I

canuckdiver once bubbled...

290 - odd feet, and lake superior

:wink:

I'll get right on that next week. Heck I may even raise it!!!! Ya right. :wacko:

A freind of mine dived it last year. It is still in great shape. I think the depth is like 230 or 250. I know you need a permit to film and maybe to conduct any diving on it. There are other restrictions also but I don't know what they all are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom