Tank problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apneacomplex

Reaction score
I bought what I believe to be your tanks. They have sherwood valves on them. I bought them about a year ago and the color, which I thought would make them stand out is now coming off. Will you replace the tanks? Can I peel it all the way off and spray paint them? What can I do? My dive shop said that there was nothing that could be done about it.

If its a Catalina cylinder -
Catalina Cylinders takes pride in the quality of finish of the painted cylinders it manufactures. The paint finish on Catalina Cylinders' cylinders should last many years with proper care and maintenance.

Catalina Cylinders will warranty the paint on its cylinders as follows:

Cylinders painted with "wet" paint have the following warranty:

One year warranty against unusual corrosion from the original hydro test date.

Two year warranty against peeling paint from the original hydro test date.

Cylinders painted with "powder" paint have the following warranty:

Two year warranty against unusual corrosion from the original hydro test date

Three year warranty against peeling paint from the original hydro test date.

Cylinders painted with fluorescent (bright or neon) pink, yellow and green colors are under warranty against fade for 6 months. Cylinders exhibiting excessive wear are not under warranty against fading.

Cylinders painted with clear paint are under warranty against natural darkening, not exposed to fire, for the life of the paint. Cylinders exhibiting excessive wear are not under warranty against natural darkening.

As-received new cylinders are under warranty to be without chips and gouges to the paint (caused by the manufacturer).
Cylinders which have unacceptable paint finishes as described above are within the warranty time limits as noted above will be sanded and repainted at not cost to the customer.

Sorry, damage to the paint that occurs during shipping, or after, is not covered by warranty of Catalina Cylinders.

Catalina Cylinders - West
Corporate Headquarters
7300 Anaconda Avenue
Garden Grove, California 92841 USA
Phone: (714) 890-0999
Fax: (714) 890-1744

The valve said Sherwood. Isn't it a sherwood tank then?

The best way to tell a new/inexperienced diver?

Brand new looking tanks. The paint doesn't last unless you (1)put those stupid mesh protectors on it, or (2) don't use the tanks.

Back
Top Bottom